“Excellent Food”

The John Barleycorn
Ranked #9 of 145 Restaurants in Harlow
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We are a friendly country pub doing fine food. Great garden dining. Book early to avoid disappointment.
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I can only concur with all the positive reviews of The John Barleycorn. The food is always excellent and the service first class. For a restaurant serving modern British food, its the best in the area.
They generally only have a couple of ales on so it is not one to go for a drink. You go here for the food really.

There are newer reviews for The John Barleycorn

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Friendly, good service and excellent food. I would highly recommend this restaurant, not only for a romantic dinner but we took our family there for a family meal and it was really good and child friendly. The food was pleasantly tasteful and service was quick and prompt. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Not usually one to write a review but; after visiting here last weekend, probably the fourth of fifth time this year I couldn't resist. Dined here with some friends who hadn't been before and was all overwhelmed how good it was. The food to begin with is out of this world, personally recommending the steak but especially the Sunday Roast. All of the staff are very attentive but not to in your face and have a very good idea of the menu and drink selection, sometimes I find in other restaurants they have to ask a manager which can be very annoying and doesn't give you much confidence in what they are about to serve you! Lastly the setting of the restaurant is beautiful, inside and out. Tucked away a mile or so into the countryside the gardens and surrounding area are picturesque. A massive thanks to the family and all staff who run the restaurant.

Lastly, my family and I have broken the tradition of eating at home this Christmas and will be visiting here Christmas Day which I am thoroughly looking forward to!

1  Thank Ken_Adams1970
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This is amazing place for food, I come all the time with friends and family, I've have had all the range of the food here and every time is superb, and the Sundays roast are the best, the staff are very friendly, the garden is massive and is great place to eat and drink when the sun is out, always happy when Ive gone there.

2  Thank Brianhare
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Hearing much about the John Barleycorn, I had high expectations and these high expectations were not only met, but surpassed with a warm family, welcome; wide range of delicious meals, which my group and I thoroughly enjoyed, so much so we booked our next meal before leaving.
The service was exceptional, the atmosphere was a combined balance of being both vibrant and cosy.
I would highly recommend this family-run restaurant to anybody - in fact I have already recommended it to my family, friends and colleagues, who have enjoyed the same great experience as my group and I.
Thank you all at the John Barleycorn! Looking forward to our next meal there!

1  Thank Eamonn H