“comfortably casual dining” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Dusty Miller Pub

The Dusty Miller Pub
Ranked #4 of 134 Restaurants in Harlow
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“comfortably casual dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

we've just got back from what I can describe as a simply excellent meal, Chris the patron chef clearly has a talent and passion for delivering excellence . I am extremely critical when eating out and despise mediocrity, no worries here fresh quality food cooked to order my wife who is vegetarian was impressed with the thought and execution put into the veggie option... We shall definitely be returning.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Terencepg
christopher c, Manager at The Dusty Miller Pub, responded to this review, May 23, 2013

We're happy you enjoyed your evening and our team appreciate positive feedback. Hope to see you soon.

C Cleary

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
“A great local pub.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

Food is excellant, but I feel greater PR required when addressing customer issues, particularly when you are a regular customer. In the past I have given this pub a great review to friends and colleagues, but I now feel it is slipping into the way many go.
On my visit last night I felt there was insufficient managment hands on to ensure customer satisfaction and oversee the younger staff.
One of the pubs most popular dishes is the AK beer battered fish and last night I received a portion of fish, (only two portions left) akin to a pensioners lunch.
Having had the AK battered fish dish many times, I felt my complaint was not well handled.
I will certainly revisit this pub again, but will be looking for greater consistancy and less 'end of line' offers.
In fairness to the pub, all the food is wonderfully fresh and cooked to order and very good value with the young staff being very attentive.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
christopher c, Manager at The Dusty Miller Pub, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for your review.

We accept you opinion and take all reviews seriously. There is no such thing as end of line offers but fillets of haddock that we buy vary between 170g and 210g. I apologise if you felt you recieved a pensioners portion however we did offer another portion or alternatively coffee or dessert on the house.
When you revisit the dusty miller please make yourself known to me and i (the chef) will endeavour to serve you my largest fillet of haddock.

Once again, i am sorry if you felt your complaint was not suffiently dealt with and we look forward to seeing you again.

Christopher Cleary
Essex UK
“Great Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

Went here a few weeks ago with a friend. The service was very good, the meal was excellent and would definitely go again.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Kaklin
Thank you for your review.

We look forward to seeing you again, we glad you really enjoyed

C Cleary
London, United Kingdom
“My Favourite Restaurant is Now Even Better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Since our last visit, in September 2012, the Dusty Miller has undergone refurbishment throughout, with what used to be a bar area being transformed into further eating space - most of which was full tonight, a Wednesday! Whilst I was perfectly happy with the previous decor, I'm definitely impressed with the new look; it does the wonderful food justice and suits the general feel of the place.

I noticed the menu has also gained a few extra dishes, with just as good a selection being gluten-free. Tonight I chose the lamb rump with ratatouille and was as happy as I'd expected to be. My partner had his usual, *boring* steak dinner, which I stole some of and almost wished I'd ordered instead - but not quite!

Trust the friendly landlady for advice on meals if you're unsure what to order. Wines are generally good and there's a selection of 'end of bin' bottles at a reduced price (if you like to bag a bargain).

Basically, I love this pub; it offers the best food in Harlow, without a shadow of a doubt, and a relaxed, friendly atmosphere, to boot. Glad to see business is doing so well - they really deserve it.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank CJL1144
christopher c, Owner at The Dusty Miller Pub, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you so much for a third review! We really appreciately it when people take time to do this. Glad you enjoyed your lamb, it's one of my favourites. Hopefully we'll see you again soon. Michelle
Harlow, United Kingdom
“A nice surprise !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Read the reviews onTA and decided to give it a try on a Saturday night.. Small menu but then everything is freshly prepared so understandable ... We had the scallops and the wild mushrooms to start - both fantastic ... As a main we had chateaubriand it was fab !! Will definitely go again ... A nice surprise on the edge of harlow ..

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Leanne B
Thanks for your review. The Chateaubriand is proving very popular. Our menu is small, as you say is all freshly prepared and cooked to order as well as changing regularly. Thanks, Michelle