“Food ok but terrible customer service”
Review of Essence of India

Essence of India
Ranked #23 of 145 Restaurants in Harlow
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2012

To be fair the food from here was ok, I've had better and worst Indian takeaways, but they started to get very angry when I politely asked for an itemised receipt!

I explained that I needed a receipt which had the restaurants name on it and what I had ordered to claim back the money.

Their response was to start ranting about how my company was rubbish and how it would not last in this day and age!!! I eventually got the original hand written order thrusted at me, I tried to be polite as I left but was still being verbally abused as I walked out of the door.

What a experience that was, they have lost this customer forever.

Shame really because the food was ok, oh well, maybe my strong Cheshire accent was lost in translation?

2  Thank chadnorman
There are newer reviews for Essence of India

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Foods = yummy
Service = excellent
Value = very good
Atmosphere = welcoming and friendly

Reviewed May 14, 2012

We visited on a Tripadvisor recommendation and we were not disappointed. The place was fairly busy on a Saturday night, and the food was very good. Service was quick and the portions were very generous. One small point was that the waiter got distracted in the middle of taking our order and therefore lost our confidence that he had taken our order down correctly. Additionally, we had to ask 3 times for some water with our meal before it arrived, but these are small points. Overall, the meal was very good, reasonably priced and I would recommend a visit to the Essence of India.

1  Thank von-balthazar
Reviewed January 18, 2012

My family have been going to this restaurant for years, for the simple reason that it is the best in town. The food in consistently delicious and the staff are so friendly it makes the experience a real treat. It is what it is, a traditional indian restaurant with an extensive menu and exceptional value for money. I cannot fault it in any way. I have recommended it to many friends and have never had anything but great feedback from them all.