“favourite bengali restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Essex
“favourite bengali restaurant”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

myself and my wife eat here on regular occasions. my brothers and son on most visits too.
it makes for us as a couple or family a good local place to catch up on the week with very polite attentive staff. always greeted by first names gives an evening a welcoming touch.
the staff are always happy to talk through what the different dishes consists of and are happy to help select and recommend . it is an extensive menu with plenty of choice and they have not had a problem in altering the ingridients to our taste. i have tried many of the dishes and have a couple of favourites that i have not come across elsewhere.good flavours ,well cooked and presented. of course the drinks go with a nice curry too, and a pint of Cobra served on Draught ! certainly does the trick for myself and choice of wines for the wife . keep up the good work Bishaal

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank David_Michelle_68

“Yummy”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

best curry around.been using bishaal for many years. Staff always friendly and welcoming and food is always delicious. Highly recommend.

1 Thank snriacoj
Harlow, United Kingdom
“Dont understand all the fuss”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I went to the Bishaal as we wanted to have a little mid week curry and the reviews on TA looked really good. When we got there we were the only people eating. The menu was large and I noticed that none of the food had descriptions other than if it was hot or not, I decided to have a lamb curry off the 'Chef's specials' and I was very disapointed, the meat was tough and the curry just lacked any sort of imagination.

We had 2 starters, 2 meals (with rice), a vegtable dish and chaptis, with 2.5 beers the meal came to £40, I wouldnt exactly call this value for money specially with how the food tasted.

The place was clean, service was quick but the food/price let it down. I will not visit this curry house again.

• Visited September 2012
Harlow
“Want the best curry in Harlow?”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We visited with another couple (who are regulars here) a couple month back. WITHOUT a doubt, the best curry i have had.
Also very accommodating, my girlfriend has an allergy to nuts, and they prepared a nut free dish, even though the initial recipe contained them, and the manager brought out our dishes and assured us hers had been kept away from any other sauces and nuts etc.
All staff served us with a smile and couldn’t have been more helpful!

Now to the bits i didn’t like... the restaurant is very... cosy... to say the least! Its a small venue, (which is always busy, for good reason!) with around 20 – 25 tables, they are very very close, it does feel like you are sitting with the table next to you, there is prob just enough space to shuffle past uncomfortably!

We have ordered since then, but collected and ate at home, again the food was equally as great, this suited us fine, as we also got a 15% discount for takeout!

I would defiantly recommend the visit. But I highly recommend the takeout!

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Frankie A
Harlow, United Kingdom
“best curry house in town!”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

i eat at the bishaal every week with my husband and sometimes friends or family. It's a really friendly restaurant, and we see the same faces week after week enjoying the lovely food. The waiters will do anything to make sure you enjoy your evening. We have tried lots of different dishes, and there is often some new dish to try,we are not often disappointed. A few weeks ago we had the whole place for the whole night to celebrate a special family birthday. It was a great night with the staff joining in the fun and making sure we all had a good time. I would recommend the Bishaal to anyone looking to enjoy great food in cosy surroundings at reasonable prices, all served with a smile!

• Visited May 2012