“Dont understand all the fuss”
Review of Bishaal Tandoori

Bishaal Tandoori
Ranked #57 of 153 Restaurants in Harlow
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 6, 2012

I went to the Bishaal as we wanted to have a little mid week curry and the reviews on TA looked really good. When we got there we were the only people eating. The menu was large and I noticed that none of the food had descriptions other than if it was hot or not, I decided to have a lamb curry off the 'Chef's specials' and I was very disapointed, the meat was tough and the curry just lacked any sort of imagination.

We had 2 starters, 2 meals (with rice), a vegtable dish and chaptis, with 2.5 beers the meal came to £40, I wouldnt exactly call this value for money specially with how the food tasted.

The place was clean, service was quick but the food/price let it down. I will not visit this curry house again.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We visited with another couple (who are regulars here) a couple month back. WITHOUT a doubt, the best curry i have had.
Also very accommodating, my girlfriend has an allergy to nuts, and they prepared a nut free dish, even though the initial recipe contained them, and the manager brought out our dishes and assured us hers had been kept away from any other sauces and nuts etc.
All staff served us with a smile and couldn’t have been more helpful!

Now to the bits i didn’t like... the restaurant is very... cosy... to say the least! Its a small venue, (which is always busy, for good reason!) with around 20 – 25 tables, they are very very close, it does feel like you are sitting with the table next to you, there is prob just enough space to shuffle past uncomfortably!

We have ordered since then, but collected and ate at home, again the food was equally as great, this suited us fine, as we also got a 15% discount for takeout!

I would defiantly recommend the visit. But I highly recommend the takeout!

2  Thank Frankie A
Reviewed May 29, 2012

i eat at the bishaal every week with my husband and sometimes friends or family. It's a really friendly restaurant, and we see the same faces week after week enjoying the lovely food. The waiters will do anything to make sure you enjoy your evening. We have tried lots of different dishes, and there is often some new dish to try,we are not often disappointed. A few weeks ago we had the whole place for the whole night to celebrate a special family birthday. It was a great night with the staff joining in the fun and making sure we all had a good time. I would recommend the Bishaal to anyone looking to enjoy great food in cosy surroundings at reasonable prices, all served with a smile!

2  Thank Jennie T
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I travel up and down the country with work and I've gotta say this is one of the best currys around. would recommend to any1.

1  Thank lenny1000