“What a fantastic hotel, comfortable and friendly staff, nothing too much”

Park Inn by Radisson Harlow
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Harlow
Essex
“What a fantastic hotel, comfortable and friendly staff, nothing too much”
Reviewed April 13, 2010

We stayed at the hotel as we were visiting some friends locally for the weekend.
Freindly staff on checkin which were helpful staff, he ordered taxis ready for our arrival as we were running late to meet our friends.
Spacious comfortable room, had a great nights sleep, never slept so well.
Quality breakfast with plenty of choice, hot and regularly refreshed. Great fried eggs!!.
On the Saturday, whilst my partner enjoyed a game of golf locally, I was able to relax and chill out in the Leisure centre, great facilities with pool & spa.
Would definitely stay at the Park Inn Harlow again!, wht lovely staff and great service!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Polish first
Liverpool
Reviewed March 8, 2010

We stayed for one night at the start of March on a Saturday night. We had travelled down for a wedding in Epping (Blakes Golf Club, very nice too!) so only needed somewhere simple and local. I am happy to say that despite the dated exterior (they couldn't do much about that without knocking the place down) it is actually a very nice little good value hotel. Check in was instantaneous as we had booked online and they just took a card swipe. The room (Standard double) was a decent size with a nice bed with fresh linen. Bathroom was clean and well equipped witha shower and a bath. We were given access to the gym, pool and health club which meant we could chill out with a spa and steam room visit after a nice swim in the small pool. Best of all was the staff who were really helpful. We asked for some ice and were brought a champagne bucket full of the stuff, asked for an iron and got a decent little steam iron and board within minutes, ordered room service and got a really nice burger with all the trimmings. Most impressive to me was that we got in late at night (After 1AM) after the wedding and called reception to see if they knew anywhere to get food delivered from as the 24 hour room service was a little limited. The guy on the desk then went out of his way to get us a couple of flyers and even wrote down the number of two other places he personally liked. It's that kind of service that you don't expect from a "run of the mill" motel.
Check out was again pretty quick and no mstery items on the bill. All in all I felt we got great service and basic, but well kept, facilities at a pretty reasonable price (£63).
Credit where it is due, I was genuinely impressed.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Northern Ireland
Reviewed November 1, 2009

Checked in on Friday late afternoon. First room was terrible - the corridors were not clean and needed a lick of paint. Carpets very very gruby. The bathrooms in both rooms were not clean - dirt between tiles in the shower and the door of the bathroom was rotten and the hinges rusty - the lick of paint did nothing!!! Also the room had a very fusty smell and the lamp shades looked so tacky with a plastic cover. I seen enough with the rooms and Hotel in general that I didn't even dare to sample the food. I have stayed in a lot of Hotels and I have to say I would rate this as one of the worst ever!!! I wouldn't stay in it if I was paid too!!! I wish I had read these comments before booking and judging by what others have said obviously the management have diffculty in listening to disatisfied guests. If I could have got another Hotel I would have been away in a flash!!! This is the first time I have ever filled in one of these rating forms. Sleep in your car if you have too!!!! - Gary Miskelly.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Traveler505ni
ParkInnHarlow, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, November 10, 2009
Dear Mr Miskelly,

Firstly let me apologise that you did not enjoy your recent stay, this is the first I have been made aware of it as it was not brought to the attention of the duty manager on shift.

All of the hotel's corridors are freshly painted, this finished very recently, the carpets are also new and not dirty - the pile of the carpet is styled in a certain way. However I will ensure it is rechecked as perhaps an area was missed. This will be rectified.

Regarding our bedroom, the 'tacky' plastic cover you mention is a company standard light fitting and is designed along with the rest of the room to be modern and comfortable - I am sorry this was not to your liking.

I personally take all criticism on board - it is vital that this happens so we can move forward and adapt and improve where needed. I would like to re-assure you that the quality of our food is of a good standard, again I am sorry you did not have the chance to sample it.

Mr Miskelly, I would to discuss ths issues you raised further and restore your faith in the Park Inn Harlow. Please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Yours sincerely,

Martyn Hewitt

Travelers are raving about these Harlow hotels

harlow
Reviewed October 24, 2009

would like to thank everyone at the park inn for making our wedding day so special and stress free ,the staff where so helpfull and pulled all the stops out to help us organise our special day from start to finish thank you and will be going back there dec 2009 for our 1st anniversary
Dave +Sue Green

• Stayed December 2008
Dear Dave & Sue,

Thank you very much for your kind comments, it is always nice when guests are happy with their event and want to come back!

I look forward to seeing you in December!

Yours sincerely,

Martyn Hewitt
Brighton
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Having read some of the other reviews was a little worried as the tour company had booked us in there. HOWEVER nothing to worry about. Staff friendly and helpful, rooms clean and buffet breakfast excellant.... Jennie

• Stayed September 2009
Northampton
Reviewed September 5, 2009

After reading some previous reviews I was dubious about staying here on business. However the hotel has been completely refurbished and the staff, service and food were fantastic. Being a gym member back at home it was a nice surprise to have such great leisure facilities!! !On my next business trip to Harlow I will be using this hotel again!!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Birmingham
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Stayed here for 4 nights on business. Location good - close to motorway and easy to find, ample parking. Check-in was quick but the first room I was given was absolutely awful and I nearly checked out straight away. It was tucked down the end of a dark corrider on the 2nd floor which felt like it was in the bowels of the hotel and as a solo female traveller I felt very vulnerable. The room stank of cigarettes and and there was ash on the windowledge! Needless to say I called reception and asked to be moved and I am pleased to say the next room I was given was very nice and closer to the stairwell - i cant understand why the first room would ever allocated!?! The second room was newly refurbished, clean and modern with flat screen tv, tea and coffee making facilites and a very comfortable bed so I was happy enough with that for the duration of my stay. On the whole, the hotel is nicely refurbished but unfortunately, purely due to how it was built, still feels a bit dark and gloomy along the corridors (and the carpets in the communal areas need a really good vaccum!). Also, there is no lift facility which was a problem for me as I have a bad back and couldn't carry my luggage up the stairs but in fairness, the receptionist arranged for a member of bar staff to carry it for me (I just felt embarrassed by this and would have preferred the use of a lift!) .
On a very positive note, I thought the restaurant was truely excellent. I really wasnt expecting very high standards but I ate there on 3 evenings and every time I was extremely impressed - it was of the high standard and presentation I would have expected in fine restaurant so compliments to the chef. Definately better than average hotel food. Breakfast was very good too.
The hotel wouldnt be my first choice if I stayed in Harlow on business again but I wouldnt dismiss it completely.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harlow
Holiday Inn Express Harlow
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,608 reviews
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxbourne

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Harlow? Share your experiences!