“Excellant value.”

Park Inn by Radisson Harlow
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Harlow
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Having read some of the other reviews was a little worried as the tour company had booked us in there. HOWEVER nothing to worry about. Staff friendly and helpful, rooms clean and buffet breakfast excellant.... Jennie

• Stayed: September 2009

Reviewed September 5, 2009

After reading some previous reviews I was dubious about staying here on business. However the hotel has been completely refurbished and the staff, service and food were fantastic. Being a gym member back at home it was a nice surprise to have such great leisure facilities!! !On my next business trip to Harlow I will be using this hotel again!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2009

Stayed here for 4 nights on business. Location good - close to motorway and easy to find, ample parking. Check-in was quick but the first room I was given was absolutely awful and I nearly checked out straight away. It was tucked down the end of a dark corrider on the 2nd floor which felt like it was in the bowels of the hotel and as a solo female traveller I felt very vulnerable. The room stank of cigarettes and and there was ash on the windowledge! Needless to say I called reception and asked to be moved and I am pleased to say the next room I was given was very nice and closer to the stairwell - i cant understand why the first room would ever allocated!?! The second room was newly refurbished, clean and modern with flat screen tv, tea and coffee making facilites and a very comfortable bed so I was happy enough with that for the duration of my stay. On the whole, the hotel is nicely refurbished but unfortunately, purely due to how it was built, still feels a bit dark and gloomy along the corridors (and the carpets in the communal areas need a really good vaccum!). Also, there is no lift facility which was a problem for me as I have a bad back and couldn't carry my luggage up the stairs but in fairness, the receptionist arranged for a member of bar staff to carry it for me (I just felt embarrassed by this and would have preferred the use of a lift!) .
On a very positive note, I thought the restaurant was truely excellent. I really wasnt expecting very high standards but I ate there on 3 evenings and every time I was extremely impressed - it was of the high standard and presentation I would have expected in fine restaurant so compliments to the chef. Definately better than average hotel food. Breakfast was very good too.
The hotel wouldnt be my first choice if I stayed in Harlow on business again but I wouldnt dismiss it completely.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Having found hotels a bit hit and miss for weekend breaks over the years, I always expect the worst and hope for the best. I was not disappointed at all. Check was easy and the receptionist was friendly. The bedroom was clean and comfortable with tea and coffee, flat screen TV (+ basic channels, which is more than enough unless you plan to hole yourself up in the room all weekend), air con and a decent bathroom. The bed was a bit on the hard side and the door needed a hell of a slam to shut it but those are minor criticisms. The swimming pool with sauna and steam room was a very pleasant addition and very easy to use (towels are provided) and was almost empty which was a bonus. Breakfast is very nice with a buffet style and plenty to choose from whether or not you like a full english. The bar in the hotel is nothing special but the staff were friendly and the food ok unless you are looking for something sophisticated. If you fancy eating out then it's a 10 minute walk up a country lane to a couple of pubs and an indian.

Definitely worth booking - I would stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2009

stayed 2 nights front desk staff pleasant but with casual attitude the room clean and of good size bathroom same but lock missing from door so unable to close. meal in resturant good but service tardy. breakfast saturday cooked goods cool replenishment of buffet slow and tables not cleared. sunday breakfast a disaster area hotel fuller equals staff completely lost one member stated guests should not eat at the same time.corridor to our bedroom had a used q-tip on the floor all of our stay.but the staff in the leisure club good and helpful. on departure our completed questionair with my comment of "couple of things to take note of"was treated with indifference summing up this hotel needs some strong management to bring it to the park inn`s usually good standard

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
ParkInnHarlow, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2009

Dear Guest,

I am truly sorry your recent stay here did meet with our normal high standards. I assure you our service and standards in both food and beverage and front of house are of the highest order and can only apologise that you did not experience this. Should be in the area again, please contact me and I will ensure your future stay reflects the true quality of the Park Inn Harlow

Best Regards,

Martyn Hewitt

Reviewed January 3, 2009

Needed a hotel close to Stansted for an early morning flight, chose Park Inn Harlow for a one night stay as it is a 10 minute drive to the airport.

Check-In was quite slow, we were given a room on the ground floor, only a short walk from Reception. The hotel has had a new lick of paint since our visit when it was a Moat House Hotel.

The room was of fair size and came with Flat Screen TV with plenty of channels, tea/coffee facilities. The refurbished room felt quite cheap with plastic lampshades and flat pack type furniture.
Major problem was the heating or lack of it - the thermostat did not work and with the temperatures below freezing outside became an issue at 4am!

Asked for room service at 8pm but only sandwiches available but reception said they would arrange a takeaway.

Hotel is well placed for Stansted but did not tick any boxes in the customer service stakes.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank paullegate
ParkInnHarlow, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2009

Dear paullegate,

Firstly please let me apologise that you didnt enjoy your recent stay here.

Unfortunately we have indeed had some maintenance issue with our in room air management units. These have since been rectified.

I am sorry you did not find our reception check in to be its normal friendly & effiecient self.

I certainly hope to see you back with us again in the not to distant future, please contact me directly at the hotel and I will ensure you have a memorable stay for all the right reasons.

Kind regards,

Martyn Hewitt

Reviewed August 17, 2008

Booked this hotel on the day while driving around looking for a hotel close to Stansted. Rate was reasonable, room was more than adequate, had an evening meal in the restaurant, meal was good without being sensational, staff friendly.

If you’re looking for a stopover hotel while flying in and out of Stansted, or attending an event in the area, then this hotel will meet your requirement without being anything sensational………..

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harlow
Holiday Inn Express Harlow
#1 of 1 in High Wych
Ramada London Stansted Airport
Ramada London Stansted Airport
#2 of 3 in Bishops Stortford

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Harlow? Share your experiences!