“eBay anniversary May 2014”

Park Inn by Radisson Harlow
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Harlow
London, United Kingdom
“eBay anniversary May 2014”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I won a two night b&b plus dinner on the 1st night deal via eBay, I've used eBay before and I've had hits and misses, I'd seen other peoples feedback but kept an open mind, we arrived on the Saturday and from the moment we arrived we had fantastic 1st class service, all the staff we came into contact with were friendly and very helpful, if you ever stay please try the evening dinner, wow it made our visit, the three course meal, was amazing, we were able to speak to the chef and he advised that the menu had been changed recently an excellent update to the hotel. Thanks to all the staff keep up the good work, we'll certainly be back - Peter & Wendy

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Peter,
Many thanks for your review and for your time on the phone disucssing your stay. I was of course delighted to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us. It was reall good to see that you felt that the team looked after you really well.
I do hope you will come back and stay with us again very soon.
David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Polish first
Shefford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I am going to be quite honest in this review to all parties concerned,and hope if your reading this first before booking then I think your find the review very helpful.
we stayed for two nights and found our room very clean with plenty of towels,tea/coffee making facilities a decent sony tv and a very comfortable bed,if I were to be extremely critical then I could complain about the 2 x paint marks on one of the walls and a small hole in the other,these looked to be caused by residents suitcases so would be no fault of the hotel but lack of respect by some residents using the hotel..
The evening set meal consisting of three courses for under £20 was a delight the food cooked to perfection and the choices very good indeed,
the breakfast was also very good with plenty of choices whether you wanted the full english or the healthier choice,we had both over two days and was not disapointed with the range and quality of the food.
we also took advantage of the sauna,pool,and steam room and found all to be very clean,with fresh complimentary towels when ever we visited,the showers in the changing rooms were very good with soap dispensers enabling you to freshen up before either entering the poolside or when leaving.
to summarise I believe the staff here at the park inn were all very polite,and nothing seemed to much trouble for any of them,Ok its not a 5 star complex but neither are their prices,but for what we paid we have no real complaints,would we stay here again?
defiantly yes

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 1962kantaris
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Many thanks for your review of the hotel , I was thrilled to read that you had a great time with us. I do hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon and take the time to relax in the pool area.
Once again many thanks for your review
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The hotel looked extremely run down from the outside, as we arrived my heart sank in disappointment!

Although the bar, restaurant and the reception area look modern and updated, which was appreciated very much, it was clean and tidy.

Our ground floor room was I'm afraid run DOWN, they was black mould on the wall near one of the beds, and a phone socket just hanging off the wall, could be dangerous if a small child stayed in this room.

The shower rail was rusty and peeling, the shower curtain look dirty too, with marks.
The tile near the toilet was broken and not replaced.
The towels were very soapy and felt uncleaned, thank god we took ours.
No ironing board or iron in the room, called reception to send one up, which they did.

The evening meal was basic for vegetarians, 2 meat options but only one for vegetarian, no free drinks as we booked with a coach trip, not even 1.

Breakfast was slow we came at 8:45 but it was still busy, no milk jugs or tea pots, had to comprise in using a separate cup for our milk.
Croissant were hard.
The other breakfast food was good overall, plenty of people leaving food on they plates.
No fresh fruit to eat, just continent basic breakfast.
Will not be returning here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank iman61
Many thanks for your review of the hotel - I was sorry to read about the issues that you experienced in the room. I have passed the feedback to the Housekeeping and Maintenance team as some of the issues you have mentioned should have been dealt with.
I have taken on board the feedback about the meal and will discuss this with the Chef to see if we can increase choice. Unfotunately the package does not allow us to include a drink with dinner however this is something I will discuss with the coach operator when we review the bookings throughout the year.
Once again many thanks for your feedback.
David.

Travelers are raving about these Harlow hotels

Hockley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Paid about £30 each for a one night stay.
Room was clean. Pool area was very small and steam room was out of order but not many other visitors so was ok.

Food from the grill was fantastic. Could eat in the bar or go to the restaurant which was quiet and an additional menu was available. Used a taste card so got 50% off the bill.

Overall it was pleasant but I wouldn't go again unless it was a last minute thing and £30 or less.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your review of the hotel I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I was particularly pleased to read that you had enjoyed your food in the restaurant.
I do hope you will considder staying with us again in the future.
hertfordshire
Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Where do I start wow , I would like to begin with the a few staff members Kerry Davis you were our barmaid for the evening and I can honestly say you gave us outstanding service throughout the evening you were polite had a fantastic attitude and personality and I hope you continue to do well you are a credit to this hotel thank you for making evening stress free, Amanda rulten food and beverage manager I can't thank you enough for the effort you gave me when things were a little wrong with the set up you changed it without a bad or a huff and made sure everything ran smoothly you also are a credit to this hotel and you do a fantastic job thank you Sarah catling reception you greeted everyone with a beautiful smile and I'm just talking about my guests! You also checked with me that allwas ok with my room and made booking in very stress free you too are a credit to the hotel and finally Sara Pedley night manager thank you for making sure all my things prezzies cards ect were in a safe place and making me feel welcome you to are a credit to this hotel I hope you all get recognised for the outstanding service you give , now the hotel itself very clean, lovely location, great price, and food is delicious I would most defiantly stay here again at the drop of a hat thank you to each and every member of staff I have had the pleasure of meeting through out my booking with you and thank you for making my birthday party perfect kind regards

Rebecca Lockwood

Aka Fiona/shrek x

• Stayed April 2014
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Rebecca,
Wow what can I say - thank you very much for your review - I heard from the team that you had a great time at your birthday party. I know that the team at the hotel enjoyed working on your event and looking after your guests. I am sure that the individuals you have mentioned will be thrilled that you have taken the time to single them out.
I do hop that you will come back and visit the hotel soon.
Chard, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

I booked a room for a 1 night stopover for my wife and I, not realising that our daughter wanted to stay with us. My wife booked a second room separately for her. When we arrived to book in, the lovely Receptionist Angela had noticed the same names on the forms and made sure our rooms were as close together as possible - that's personal service. This excellent service was the theme for our (too short) stay.
The rooms were neat and tidy, the beds comfortable and the evening meal and the following morning's breakfast were very tasty.
Some of the older reviews mention shabby carpets, but all the corridors had new carpets, while the reception area was being completed at the time of our stay - obviously management had listened to customers' concerns -very commendable.
We would not hesitate to book this hotel again, well done to all the friendly, helpful staff...

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was really pleased to see that you had enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff certainly are very welcoming and always happy to help. Angela is a shining example of that - she will be delighted to have been mentioned by you.
I think Trip Advisor often gives great support and advice to hotels and should be listened too -
Once again many thanks for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here Saturday semi final fa cup day. Hotel was full this weekend .All the service was the same the reception staff are fantastic and there was no noise either late at night really good stay. We had room service Saturday night the pepperoni pizzas are excellent also the garlic bread and cheese board. Breakfast buffet is fantastic also highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your review. It is always great to get feedback from regular visitors - I am really pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stays with us and that our breakfast was excellent. I do hope if your team reached the Final then you will be back to see us in May,
David
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harlow
Holiday Inn Express Harlow
#1 of 2 in Hatfield Heath
Manor Of Groves Hotel
Manor Of Groves Hotel
#1 of 1 in High Wych

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Harlow? Share your experiences!