“Professional , well planned and on the ball”

Park Inn by Radisson Harlow
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Harlow
London, United Kingdom
“Professional , well planned and on the ball”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I really great team was hand for the duration of my time at the excellent Park Inn . You got the feeling the team had everything undercontrol and nothing was to much trouble . A great place to hold an event , stay over or meet . Its fits all the criteria .

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Karl,

Many thanks for your review - I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your event with us. The team pride themselves on running an event well and making sure everything goes as planned.
I do hope you will considder holding an event with us in the near future.
David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Me and my father enjoyed our stay over at your hotel which is 2nd time I came back again. The staff were very help and recognised us again. The food was excellent of nice homemade food their. The services and room was spot on clean and welcoming. We shall be back again

• Stayed March 2014
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear John,
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was pleased to read that you had come back to stay with us. I hope that you liked the work we are doing on the hotel to improve the overall feel of the place. I do hope you will come back and visit us soon.
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Charming and helpful receptionist. Beautiful clean rooms, but please general manager attention to detail carpets in hallways to bedroom disgustingly filthy.
Overall everything great but first impressions count

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Jonny1804
Dear Jonny,Many thanks for your review- I was pleased to read that you felt that the beds were comfortable. Since you stayed we have replaced many of the groundfloor carpeting in the hotel as it was worn and damaged.
I do hope that the next time you are in the Harlow area you will considder staying with us again.
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

It's the second time we've stayed here and the hotel is undergoing a much needed refurb, so it's looking really good. The rooms are well appointed with a safe and there's a comfy king size big and nice duvet. If you have a taste card, you can use it to get 50% off all your food. The menu isn't vast, but the food was a pleasant surprise ( king prawn linguine with pesto) The staff are helpful and flexible and there's a leisure club (gym,pool, jacuzzi,steam & sauna) that you can use at no extra charge! A nice little retreat to recharge your batteries!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jenny,
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your most recent stay with us, its always a great compliment to have repeat guest so I thank you very much for chosing to stay with us.
I am pleased that you like what we are doing in terms of the refurbishments I think that they give the hotel a real lift,
I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the area.
Harlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I found a deal for this hotel for valentines day which included a double room, breakfast and use of the swimming pool, Jacuzzi, Sauna and Steam room during the stay. I was very pleased with the service. All the staff were very helpful and accommodating. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JoBellamy
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Jo,
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was really pleased to see that you had enjoyed your weekend with us. It is always nice to have the occasional weekend to chill out and relax. I do hope that when you next need a weekend break you will considder staying with us again.
Leominster, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed on an ebay/cultuzz voucher deal which was outstanding value so we enjoyed our stay, despite the spa/pool needing urgent upgrading. On arrival hotel exterior looks tatty, car park needs sweeping but loads of space, reception area smart and staff friendly, corridors masked up for painting. Room decor recently freshened, had comfy bed and was well cleaned. Bar was quiet and offered only mainstream drinks (no local ales or specialities) but in fairness both the Boddingtons and Guinness were perfect. Evening meal choice fairly limited but excellent portion size, very well cooked and presented plus we had a pretty decent wine for £20. Breakfast too was very good, very well presented and well managed/monitored (eg no low stocks, cold food, congealing etc) quality bacon and sausages, choose off buffet hot counter or order fresh kippers, poached eggs, porridge etc as required-a good system. Good varied breakfast with fruits, cereals, nuts, seeds, honey, 3 varieties of rolls, 4 varieties of quality cut bread, packet bread to toast, pastries, yogurts, cold meat/cheeses, fruit salad etc. Coffee, juices and hot drinks from a machine...but not that bad, easy to help yourself and very hot. Went to the spa which is run as a membership gym for non-guests, staff friendly and helpful, but changing rooms desperately need a deep clean and the walls painting, jacuzzi had dirty controls and was very foamy and under-tepid, pool too cloudy for my liking, floor areas needed cleaning, ceiling tiles very stained and need urgent replacement, roof glass panel shattered and now dirty, etc. Sauna dated but clean, fresh and red hot with proper coal heater-shame the shower near it is worn and getting a cold douche takes an age of fiddling and water testing. We usually live in the spa/pool on our short breaks, but went for 25 mins once and that was enough-the guests in the next room came to pool area, looked around, pointed at the tiles, roof, floor and got changed back again. Hmmm. We just told ourselves that the deal we had was so outstanding that it did not matter about the pool/spa and made the best of our stay.
So; friendly staff, great value, decent evening meal and breakfast, decent room and bed, rest of hotel in urgent need of upgrading works and I am surprised the spa is open until this is done.
Once upgraded, the hotel would be highly recommended, but can only be recommended for excellent value at present if you manage to buy a short break at a decent price and aren't too bothered about much other than decent food and a decent room.
Oh, and Harlow London is a bit much-it is 30 miles and much traffic/effort away!

Room Tip: Ask for a redecorated room and make sure that the pool/spa is not your reason to choose here
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Geoff H
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was really pleased to read that you had generally enjoyed your stay with us.
We are currently having some refurbushment work done at the hotel which will hopefully lift the overall feel of the arrvial. I have some works planned for the leisure club however I have passed on your feedback about cleanliness to them as this is not acceptable.
Once again many thanks for your feedback and I hope you will come back and stay with us again soon.
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Staff are the greatest asset of this hotel.
The food is the weakest.
Breakfast is average, the dinner option is the same as the bar & room service)- mainly something that can be taken from a freezer and put in the fryer ore on the grill.
Spa is great as its compact but a little tired also used as regulars as a local swim & sauna spot.
Excellent therapist available for spa treatments- (call ahead & book well used local resource)
i stayed for work for a week and the only problem being the unpredictability of the traffic each day, Hotel handy for Stansted airport. Free internet decent flat screen TV
Found the shower pressure could be better
Room was clean & bed comfortable.

Room Tip: ask for a refurbished room If your room is a long way from reception- each night get them to check...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
I have noticed the traffic over the last couple of weeks has been a challenge - the issue seems to be that there are roadworks on an alternative route out of Harlow forceing traffic to use the A414. I do not anticipate this to be a long term issue as in the time I have been at the hotel the traffic has not been as much of a challenge.
We have just recruited a new kitchen team for the hotel which should mean that the quality of the food on offer will improve as well as more variation as there will be specials in the bar and restaurant to choose from.
I do hope you will continue to use the hotel and please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss your stay further,
David
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harlow
Holiday Inn Express Harlow
#2 of 2 in Waltham Abbey
Manor Of Groves Hotel
Manor Of Groves Hotel
#1 of 1 in High Wych

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Harlow? Share your experiences!