“Perfectly good”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Harlow
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Perfectly good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here for 3 nights this week, I was a little worried after reading a few negative reviews but I had no reason to be. The staff are friendly and efficient in all areas of the hotel, the room was perfectly good, nice and clean and warm, the gym and swimming pool are a bonus. The restaurant staff & food were also very good but maybe a little expensive but you expect that with a hotel. Overall I've stayed in 4 hotels in and around Harlow over the last 8 weeks and if I was to return I think this would be my first choice.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SecuretimeSteve
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Steve,

Many thanks for your review of the hotel - I was really pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have recently used the Park Inn conference room for a weekend course ( 9th/10th November). I found the staff over the weekend to be excellent. I want to particularly mention Nicki, Sarah and Kerry although all the staff were great. The chef provided a lovely buffet lunch on both days. They were kind, friendly, supportive and unobtrusive. They were punctual and conscious in their approach and this contributed to an overall successful weekend for those that attended the course. I also appreciate the flexibility shown as we had 2 cancellations for our course one day before. This was handled well and without stress to myself. Thankyou to Lorna for handling this.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
David G, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Many thanks for your review of the hotel I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed your event with us. I know that Amanda, Lorna and the team work really hard to ensure that the events we have at the hotel run smoothly. I do hope that the next time you are looking for an event in the Harlow area you will considder using the Park Inn Hotel.
Norfolk UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed here for one night after the birth of a Grandson to my son and daughter in law who live in Epping.
First impressions were that the hotel appeared a little tired and the carpets on the ground floor leading to the bedrooms could do with replacing.
I checked in early and returned later to my room but on arrival there was disappointed to find the curtain hanging off the rail, a very noisy fan in the bathroom and a toilet that was virtually impossible to flush!!! The room was also grubby with dust on the light fittings.
I phoned reception and was immediately relocated to another room.
On arrival in this room I was a little disappointed to find instead of a double bed that had been requested at booking this room had two single beds. However I decided that as the room was much cleaner and larger I would accept it. I was a little perturbed when I noticed it was an adjoining room with a wooden door separating the two especially as I had also requested a quiet room on booking!!
The bathroom was very clean and there was no shortage of hot water when having a bath. The single bed was comfortable with good pillows and the room a nice temperature.
I was awoken at 1.15am by a very inconsiderate couple in the adjoining room who appeared to be celebrating a birthday!! The noise consisted of slamming doors loud shouting and screaming and the television set at a loud volume. I phoned reception and despite a phone call to the couple from a very pleasant receptionist the noise continued. I was then given an option of a move to another room which I accepted at 02.30hrs!!! The receptionist was extremely apologetic and I was offered a complimentary stay due to all the problems that has occurred.
My room was upgraded and I would advise anyone staying at the hotel to pay the extra as it was by far superior to the standard ones.
Breakfast in the morning was fine with a good selection of cold and hot dishes.
I must say though that despite all the problems that occurred all the staff were extremely helpful and couldn't do enough to try and right the wrongs

Room Tip: Non adjoining room. Upgrade if you can afford it!!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mary-Louise O
Dear Mary-Louise,
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was disapointed to hear about the issues that you experienced during your stay. I would certainly expect guests in rooms to behave in a more appropriate manner given that they know there will be others around them.
I have passed your feedback on to the housekeeping team about the 1st room. In January we do have a refurbishment plan in place to replace all of the groundfloor carpeting which will improve the overall feel of the hotel. I do hope that you will considder using us again in the future.
weymouth
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

My friend and I stayed here as part of a coach tour package and as a consequence were not expecting a great deal. The hotel is very shabby and although we appreciate it is soon to be refurbished there is no need for standards to fall so badly where cleanliness is concerned as it was very poor. On the positive side the staff were very welcoming and when we had no heating in our room upgraded us swiftly and checked back to make sure our second room was warm enough. The food was served swiftly and was hot as was the service at breakfast. It will be a great shame if after the planned refurbishment the housekeeping team continue to let them down so badly

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Michael,
Many thanks for yoru review of the hotel. I was disapointed to read that you had, had issues during your stay, I have asked housekeeping to review the room that you stayed in and who cleaned it. I know the refurbishment will assist with the overall appearance but I agree this should be kept clean.
I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your meals and that the team had looked after you.
David

Travelers are raving about these Harlow hotels

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

stayed at harlow park inn end of sept and found it comfortable and clean , staff friendly and exceeded my expectations. ate in the restaurant and the food was very nice i would stay here again next time i come to harlow

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sarah,
Many thanks for yoru review - I was pleased to ready that you had enjoyed all aspects of your stay - I do hope to see you again soon.
Felixstowe
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Very basic and quite shabby hotel. Rooms and corridors need new carpets and fittings.

Food was okay, but took a long time to arrive in the evening. Breakfast was nice with a good choice.

Quite a good location for Harlow and surrounding areas and quiet dispite being on a busy road.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I am delighted to say that we do have a refurbishment planned for January this will be a refurbishment of the groundfloor carpeting and corridors - this will lift the overall feel of the hotel.
I do hope that you will considder using the hotel again once this is complete
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

After check in (staff were lovely) we went along a corridor to find our room and the first thing I noticed was a musty smell in the corridors, and a stronger musty smell in the room. The carpets were dirty and worn out, and the tiling in the bathroom had some mould in the grout. The room was really cold and unwelcoming, even though I had booked a month ago, and phoned earlier in the day to be absolutely sure of the online booking, I felt the room hadn't been prepared. The heating could have been put on for us for a little while.
That said the bed was comfortable and bedding and towels very clean. The staff at breakfast were also lovely, so this problem does not lie with the staff attitude, but in the overall care and maintenance of the environment.

Room Tip: Contact the hotel first to ask if there has been any renovation/deocnration since September 2013.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Barbs,
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was sorry to read that you had not enjoyed your stay. I agree that there are areas of the hotel that require more TLC from the maintenance team - we have recently recruited a new Chief Enginner who is tasked with repairing and binging up to scractch the building. We will also be undertaking a small refurbishment of public area's ti lift the overall feel of the hotel.
I do hope you will considder staying with us again once this has been done.
David
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harlow
Holiday Inn Express Harlow
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,600 reviews
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
Cheshunt Marriott Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxbourne

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Harlow? Share your experiences!