“3rd time unlucky” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Harlow

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Park Inn by Radisson Harlow
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Harlow
“3rd time unlucky”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here at the end of January 2013 and were disappointed to find worn and stained carpets and overdue decorations.
The food, staff and rooms were fine and served the requirements, but the hotel is well overdue for a facelift and a coat of paint. No better than it was the previous year when we were told to check as they were expecting to be closed for re-decorating !
We were part of 70 people who attended a dinner & dance and maybe 10 couples stayed but at breakfast we were all aware of the tatty state some of the walls and carpets were in.
We haven't booked for next year.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ManagerWD17, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Steve,
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was sorry to hear that you had not enjoyed elements of your stay. I know that certain areas of the hotel do need some attention and we do have plans to address these issues. I was pleased to ready that despite this the team delivered good service and that you had enjoyed your meal with us.
I would be happy to discuss your stay with you should you wish to do so - I can be contacted at david.graham@rezidorparkinn.com.
Once again many thanks for your comments
David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Polish first
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Looking for a hotel to stay for one weekend night in the North Weald area and came across Park Inn's Febuary Flash one day sale at their hotel in Harlow. £34.50 for King Size room, 2 people including breckfast, free onsite parking and use of leisure club.

For that amount of money this really was a fantastic deal. If I was paying full price for the room then the ratings may be different.

Location is good for Stansted. Minutes away from the cross-section between M25 and M11.

Hotel does not look all that appealing from the outside being a long low 1970's build type property.

All staff were pleasant who we came into contact with starting with the receptionist who was very helpful indeed.

Long trek to the room down corridors that reminded me of halls of residence stays whilst at University. Despite previous TripAdvisor comments we found the decor and upkeep within the hotel perfectly acceptable.

The bedroom was of a reasonable size, clean and all the things you would expect from a 3star hotel.

After we dropped our stuff in the room, we went for a quick swim and sauna in the leisure club. Reasonable facilties with fitness room, changing rooms, small swimming pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. However on this occasion the jacuzzi and steam room were out of service.

We didnt eat dinner in the hotel but returned for a nightcap in the bar. Was a functional bar bar although not that comfy or welcoming, but again bar staff were pleasant. Pool table and tv in place there though to entertain guests.

We ate breckfast in the main restaurant which was good. Reasonable choice of buffet items: pastries, bread, muffins, cold meats, full english items, teas, coffees and juices. General decor of the restaurant again me of a university or work's canteen. However it did the job and no complaints whatsoever about the breckfast, although glad we ate out the night before somewhere else.

All in all, fantastic deal and enjoyed our stay

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear James,
Many thanks for your review of the hotel . I am glad that you took advantage of the fantastic offer. I was pleased to read that you generally enjoyed your stay with us. We are working hard to ensure that the service that we offer is good and that we can provide a great dining experience. We have a new restaurant menu coming in the next couple of weeks that will improve the food offering. We do have some plans to improve the presentation of the property and I hope that this will be completed later this year.
I do hope that you will come back to the hotel and take advantage of future offers
UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I was genuinely surprised at the poor standard of this hotel - I have stayed in Park Inns round the world, and they are generally a consistent standard, but this location fell well short of expectations.

The whole experience smacked of budget motel rather than mid-range hotel. From the cheery, but slightly dippy receptionist who asked everything at least twice, to the creepy drunk man hovering around the reception desk all evening staring at the receptionist, first impressions weren't particularly good, and that was before I'd even got to the room.

Walking to the room involved passing through the shabbiest corridors I've ever seen in a Rezidor Group hotel, then the room itself was extremely cold on arrival, taking some time to warm up after the air conditioning was switched on (temperatures outside being around freezing).

The bedroom area was the only aspect of this hotel which was recognizable as a Park Inn, and was fairly standard layout and finish, and in reasonable condition. The bathroom, however, looked old, neglected, and not as clean as I would have expected. There was soap scum on the bath and taps, which hadn't been cleaned to the usual standard, and the bathrooom was freezing cold for the duration of my stay, resulting in a fairly rushed shower and shave.

Unusually for Park Inn, there was no iron or ironing board in the room, so I went to ask at reception, navigating past the creepy drunk man who was still hovering around the receptionist some 40 minutes after I had first encountered him. I also ordered some room service, which was limited to sandwiches as I had arrived after 9:30pm.

The ironing board was brought to my room fairly promtly, but was in very poor condition with ripped cover, and the iron plate had a significant brown build-up on the plate which made me extremely hesitant to use it on a white shirt, eventually deciding to play safe and use a lower heat setting than usual.

Room service arrived, with the girl hovering in the corridor and handing me a tray, rather than bringing it in to the room. Standard was fairly unremarkable motel-type fare.

Breakfast was fairly standard Park Inn buffet, and the dining room did go a small way to redeem my opinion of the place. There was a slightly unusual (I thought) selection of music playing for that time in the morning, and the CD skipped for a while before someone eventually turned it off. Check-out was fairly straightforward, but I found myself for the first time ever in a Park Inn making a mental note never to return to that particular hotel. Was very surprised to see the Park Inn brand associated with this hotel, which was at the very bottom end of what could be considered acceptable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Scott B
Dear Scott,
Many thanks for reviewing the hotel. I was disapointed to read that you had not enjoyed elements of your stay. I am at the hotel daily and would be happy to discuss your stay with you. I can be contacted at david.graham@rezidorparkinn.com.
I have been at the hotel for a very short time and I am working on many of the service aspects and the food quality. We do have plans to refurbish parts of the hotel to bring them up to the required standard.
I am sorry that we did not meet with your expectations on this occasion however I am confident that we will improve the quality in the coming months.
David

Travelers are raving about these Harlow hotels

Westport, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Checked in after a long,tiring journey and was greeted by a very cheery and helpful receptionist.My room was quite basic and the carpet looked as though it had not been cleaned.I requested an iron/ironing board - had to wait almost half an hour and then the board was torn and the iron totally browned on the underside.
I chose to eat in the bar but the food was poor to say the very least.The salad was browning at the edges and looked completely uninviting,and tuna & cheesemelt was tasteless.I did remark on this when asked but was ignored!
Bed was comfortable and i did enjoy a good night's sleep.Check out next morning was equally pleasant and when asked if i enjoyed my stay...well,the bar meal was struck off the bill and the apology was very genuine.Thank you for that - so close to getting it right here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank morchwestport
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was sorry to hear that you had not enjoyed your meal. I have just taken over the propety and one of the first things I intend to do is review the food quality. We have a new menu starting in the next couple of weeks which should improve the current offering. I do hope that you will come back to the hotel in the near future
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

It may not look that good from the outside, but inside, you will not be disappointed with the rooms. They were very clean and modern. The hotel itself can be a bit of a maize and the gym not easy to find but I used the sauna and the steam room and thought they were excellent. The staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ManagerWD17, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Many thanks for your review of the hotel.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I know the staff will be particularly pleased that you commented on the service that they offered.
I do hope that you will come back to the hotel the next tiem you are in the area.
Kindest regards
York, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013

On arrival to our room at we found it to have no heating whatsoever. We tried the climate control panel but after approximately 15 minutes it was only blowing out cold air. To cut a long story short, nothing got done about this even though we complained throughout the evening but were then left all night freezing, having to sleep in socks, scarves, jumpers!
At no point were we offered an alternative room with heating! The night time Receptionist let us down badly, she ruined our stay in London, All in all I ended up in agony due to the cold setting off my osteo-arthritis which then caused me to have 3 days sick leave from work.
I was so appalled at the service at this hotel that I cannot rate it at all.

To be honest I haven't even mentioned yet that the carpet in the corridors were very dirty, the food was sub standard and the Reception area was a little like a cheap cafe, especially the bar area.

The morning Receptionist Angela was great and found heaters for us but it was too late by then although the night before was told there weren’t any??

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
ManagerWD17, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was disapointed to read about the issues you experienced. I know I dealt with this issue via the travel agent and we aopolgised for the issues that you had. I know we compensated you for the issues and you were very happy with the resolution. I do hope that this will not prevent you from using Park Inn hotels in the future.
David Graham
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I am surprised at some of the negative comments, if your looking for somewhere to stay you will not go wrong at the Park inn. We found our room to be clean and tidy and must make reference to the excellent staff in particular Sarah Catling who made our stay even more enjoyable. I believe that this hotel is good value for money so much so we are returning next week with the entire family.Having read the previous reviews we were slightly concerned but our experience was really positive. Using the hotel as a base for the Olympics we came away feeling that the hotel was very good value for money and that the Manager and staff really want the hotel to be seen to be improving. We booked via an internet site in January, we had 2 rooms for ourselves and our sons and the price paid for B & B was very competitive given the 'Olympic' factor. The lobby is bright and welcoming, all the staff we encountered were really positive and helpful and breakfast was more than adequate. We had breakfast both early and slightly later on the 2 days we stayed but it was not busy. The rooms we had were Premier Inn size, clean, well decorated and air conditionned. Our rooms were at the end of a corridor next to the main car park and main roda but there was no noise. We used the leisure facilities twice, again all areas were perfectly adequate - the pool is small but on one day we were the only 3 people in the pool and the sauna/steam room were also empty. The bar is not overly expensive and a pleasant place to relax. As previously mentionned the carpets and paintwork in the corridors needs investment but having met the Manager prior to leaving he is passionate about improving the whole of the hotel. I would recommend this hotel as a great base to travel into London - Epping tube station is 10 mins away - especially if you get a B & B deal. Finally whilst staying here check out the wee leisure centre, again most enjoyable I stayed at this hotel at short notice after leaving a really cold one! Booked in no problem my room was on the ground floor to the right of the reception. Easy to get too. As read on other reviews the carpet in the corridor really could do with replacing. My room however was really nice and warm!

I had to extend my stay, just picked up the telephone done in seconds. The receptionist was good no complaints at all would definately stay again.

Price very good :)

Room Tip: Finally whilst staying here check out the wee leisure centre, again most enjoyable any room perfect