“An Honest and Fair review” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Park Inn by Radisson Harlow

Park Inn by Radisson Harlow
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Harlow
London, United Kingdom
“An Honest and Fair review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2011

After reading the reviews about this Park Inn Hotel, I really thought it was going to be a nightmare weekend.
We arrived at the hotel to be greeted by a lovely lady on reception Sarah, who sorted our rooms straight away, admittedly when we was walking down the corridor there is a smell of damp, a slight smell, but like all hotels there is always different smells as there is such a mixture of people who stay in them, anyway the room was clean and spotless, and the bed was comfy and I had two lovely nights sleep, the place could do with a lick of paint here and there, all the rooms my friends where in where just as nice and they had no complaints.
we used the pool and steam room and we even had some treatments done, nothing was to much trouble for any of the staff, I asked for extra pillows which I was given straight away, extra tea and coffee, and Sarah even arranged for a cab for all 14 of us Saturday evening.
we didn't have breakfast here so I can't comment on the food or service in that area.
I like to give credit where credit is due, this place is not 4 or 5 star, but it certainly isn't a dump like some of the reviews have said, so many people are to ready to complain.
All in all we had a great time here, great 2 night stay, comfy bed and slept well,great staff service, and I would use this hotel again, give the place a chance, you maybe pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HoldersEssex
ManagerWD17, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, April 28, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your honest and fair review of my hotel, I was very pleased to read that you had had an enjoyable stay. I have taken on the points you have raised and will do my best to ensure that any necessary improvements are made.
We hope to see you back at the hotel when you are next in the area.

James Gardner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Polish first
Essex
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

I have never stayed at Hotel so poor, thier were three of us staying and we decided to eat at 8pm, a reasonable menu but we all decided to have steak. Not possible in fact they didnt have three of anything, when my one steak did come it was inedible. Wine not possible either, after four attempts we did find a bottle allbeit not on the wine list (probably found in a cupboard somewhere) Any way at around 11 pm we thought we would get a further drink from the bar only to be told we would have to sit in the reception area. We did this and were treated to a ten stone Rotweiller Dog walking round growling, needless to say we did not stay for that drink. It really was like something from a movie, or sit com (Faulty Towers)

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank LazEssex
ManagerWD17, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
Dear Guest

I was sorry to read your comments on trip adviser and for the poor impression you have of my hotel. You clearly have not had a good stay and I am truely sorry that you have been inconvenienced. I note that we have tried to make ammends for the shortcomings you experienced during your visit and would be happy to discuss the matter further should you wish to contact me personally.
My e mail address is james.gardner@rezidorparkinn.com
My phone number is 01279 829932
James Gardner

Travelers are raving about these Harlow hotels

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2011

I did stay on new years day for one night on my way to the airport, which is only 15 minutes drive away. Free parking onside is good. The hotel was strangely quiet which did make the place feel quite odd, as it was Jan 1st. The reception and bar was empty and only a couple guests staying, so the place looked dirty but I imagine that was because the cleaners weren't on after new years eve. The gym was also closed but open the next morning, which was not great with old machines but the pool was fine. The room was ok, not bad Ned but could have done with more than the thin duvet as it is cold! The carpet on the floor was badly stained and quite horrid, the tv didn't work and I asked the receptionist who did not know and maintainence were not in site because it was new years day. So the tv was not watched. Bathroom clean but basic with no amenities. I didn't stay for breakfast, but as a line guest with little occupancy, it would have been nice to have been upgraded, even when I asked and offered to pay, it was not offered. Personally, I would stay if no alternatives, but for what it was it was fine. I think it would have been better on a different day when there was more life there. Recommend for the airport as a cheaper alternative to the grossly expensive hotel by the terminal. This hotel though could do with changing carpets and general cleanliness.

• Stayed January 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments it is always very helpful when our guests point out our shortcomings as it helps setting priorities for improvement.
You will be pleased to read that we will be refurbishing areas of the hotel in 2011 and I am confident that we will cover those areas wher you have expressed your concerns.
If you would like to discuss the improvements we are planning to make please feel free to contact me personally on 01279 429932 .
You are quite right though that the Park Inn is a good alternative to staying at the expensive airport down the road
kent
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

as we pulled up the hotel looked like council flats...when we got inside it wasnt much better!!
the staff seemed friendly...
as we walked into our room it smelt of skunk weed (happy baccy), but was reasonably clean! though the bathroom looked like it had been installed by a blind man and his dog..as there was grout everywhere and nails sticking out the side panel of the bath...bring ur own toilet paper as its very cheap, which i think is very cheeky as u pay £70 a night to stay there....the shampoo wasnt much better either, like paint strpper.
we asked for a early morning call and didnt recieve this! so take your alarm! and bathroom!
there is a good restaurent u the road caled miller and carters steak house which is really good value for money and great food!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ManagerWD17, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, January 11, 2011
Dear Guest

I was sorry to read that you had not enjoyed your stay at the hotel, it is always disappointing to read when guests have had problems.
I also feel sure we could have made your stay more comfortable if you had pointed out your disappointment at the time.
However I am grateful to you for taking the time and trouble to make your feelings known as it will point us in the right direction to make improvements
Regards
Manager
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2010

haveing never stayed here before had a night with the firms do which we had to pay room was ok chewing gum left on side of bath and few cob webs in room . the three course dinner was poor the turkey dinner with b/sprouts like bullets/ my lady had the veg meal the pastry case was all burnt on bottom.The xmas pudding was very dry . only aloud to get two drinks at a time when your in a group of more the 4 is not very good. The dj did not use the mic once its xmas he should getting the crowd working .

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GRACELAND18
Benfleet, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2010

Stayed over one night on business; Three other colleagues view of the hotel were the same. Some of these may seem a little petty, but here is my experience:- 1) Had to wait to check-in; no-one on the front desk for at least 5 minutes upon arrival. 2) Carpets in the corridors and my room were worn and dirty. 3) Air-con/heating was slow to respond. 4) Bulbs were missing from both bedside lamps. 5) The back was missing from the TV remote. 6) Tops of some surfaces were dusty 7) Toliet roll holder was broken. On the positive, breakfast was OK. To sum up; I have stayed in a few UK hotels and this was on a par with what you would expect in a well used Travelodge. 2 star at best. Avoid.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ManagerWD17, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, November 25, 2010
Dear Ian
Thank you for completing a review on my hotel and my appologies for the shortcomings of your stay. It would appear that we could have done better.
I would be happy to discuss the improvements I am planning for the hotel and can be contacted directly on james.gardner@rezidorparkinn.com.
In the meantime please be assured that I do take all comments very seriously and will be taking action at the hotel to improve things for others.
Sincerely
Woking, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

This is a basic no frills hotel. If you get a clean room, then it is good if you need a bed for the night.

Check in was fast and efficient and the reception area is welcoming and spacious but the corridors to the rooms are very long and dingy- if you have heavy and/or lots of bags (like I did!) I hope for your sake you are not on the first floor (no lift but two flights of stairs) and further than room 220!

The carpet in the hallway I don't think is dirty despite reading other reviews, I agree with the general manager's comments on that note, I do think it is to do with the pile.

I think some rooms are not used very often and the hotel need to inspect the rooms if they have not been used for a while. There were a couple of suspicious hairs in the bath which although not ideal I could have easily flushed away with the shower. The black kettle showed up how dusty it was which again I didn't mind until I saw the dust in the mug which had collected into a little ball of dust that resembled a cobweb.

Room service was delivered to the room next door, lucky I heard them knocking from my room, again didn't mind as the guy who took the call seemed new but when I tucked into my thai style beef salad it tasted more like soy sauce with salad on the side and felt like I was eating leather as opposed to beef.- I don't think I was the only one who thought that because on the way to breakfast, another room had left their tray by their door and the majority of the salad was still on the plate.

I could have coped with all that as I am more of a "I'll just deal with it person" and don't tend to complain especially as it was work paying and it wasn't my money. However the toilet did not flush so I called reception. Nikki was fantastic and looked into getting me another room. She came up ten minutes later with a new key card and I pointed out most of the issues I'd spotted to her. She was very apologetic and thanked me for the feedback.

The second room was still basic but it felt cleaner than the first.

Breakfast the next day was your standard buffet style and I did enjoy it. I observed that I was lucky to get there when I did as the turn over of tables was a little slow and guests arriving after me did not have cleared tables to sit at.

Check out was fast and efficient, Nikki apologised again for the problems I'd had and did not charge me for any of the room service I ordered.

There is a fitness suite and pool but I did not try this. Ample parking and a bar. My first bedroom had a clothes rail which looked new, my second room had a wardrobe. I don't mind either but some reviews said there was just a rail so I just wanted to make it clear that it could be either.

The televisions are new and have the full selection of freeview digital channels- a better choice than Holiday Inn hotels which still only run the basic five terrestrial channels and a couple of other news channels.

I do want to end on a good note, I have seen the general manager checks these reviews, I work in retail and I know people are quick to complain and good customer service is often not celebrated so I would like for Nikki who was working on reception to be recognised for her good customer service.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank WhichHotelToday
ManagerWD17, Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Harlow, responded to this review, November 15, 2010
Dear Reviewer,
I am grateful to you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review of your recent stay at my hotel. Having just been appointed General Manager your comments will be very helpful to me when planning improvements for the future.
You have clearly not experienced the hotel in its true light and I would ask you to please be assured that the whole team at the hotel will be focused on making improvements.
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss your review in greater detail and may be contacted personally on james.gardner@rezidorparkinn.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harlow
Holiday Inn Express Harlow
Down Hall Country House Hotel
Down Hall Country House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Hatfield Heath
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,579 reviews

Been to Park Inn by Radisson Harlow? Share your experiences!