“Excellent Evening” 5 of 5 bubbles

Zenz Oriental Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 134 Restaurants in Harlow
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Budapest, Hungary
“Excellent Evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I visited the restaurant with my husband and 10 year old son, he's still new to eating Chinese food so we asked the waitress could we change one dishes in the set menu, which they were happy to do so. The staff were very friendly and attentive. The food was fantastic, the starter came out in a bamboo boat and looked very impressive, the crispy duck was awesome. All food was piping hot and to a high standard, the décor was nice and you didn't feel crowed by other diners as there was plenty of room between the tables. I was quite empty when we got there (7pm) but filled up quickly, and we didn't feel rushed to leave when we finished. Would definitely recommend eating here and cant wait to go back again.

2 Thank shirley1806

London, United Kingdom
“Poor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I felt compelled to write this review following the disgusting food that myself and my husband were served at this restaurant.We visited on a Saturday night and the restaurant was only half full.
We ordered Crispy duck for starters and various main course dishes.
The duck arrived and it was nearly all skin and bone hardly any meat.My husband complained as soon as the dish had arrived and was greeted with "Ive been in the restaurant business 20 years....." from the manager.The attitude of the manager in particular is a disgrace.The other dishes arrived but to be honest after our set to with the manager our hunger had dissapeared.There are plenty of decent Chinese restaurants in the area - Don't go to this one unless you want an argument!

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Simon T
London, United Kingdom
“AWFUL”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I visited this restaurant with my 8 year old son on a Friday night.This was our second choice as we had been to the Peking Palace in Sawbridgeworth but they were too busy and did not have a table.
First impressions were just how empty the restaurant was for a Friday night.The waitresses were pleasant and showed us to our table.The food arrived in good time and that's when the problems started.
One of the dishes I had ordered was a char siu pork dish.When it arrived it was so fatty that I took the unprecedented step of asking for a knife to cut the fat off.I looked through the "meat" that was on this dish and every single piece was absolutely riddled with fat.I had eaten one piece.I asked the waitress to take it back straight away.She said she would speak to the manager.She offered me the same again but after seeing the quality of meat I declined.
30 minutes had elapsed while my son and I finished the rest of the meal - which was average at best.I asked for the bill at which point the manager came to our table for the first time.He barked "what's the problem!" I explained again regarding the unedible pieces of fat that were in the dish.He then unbelievably said "you should have mentioned it at the time" to which i responded I did! He then said that I had eaten most of it - A down right lie! I wasn't going to argue with this excuse for a restaurant manager as I do not like to make a scene in front of my son so explained "don't worry Ill pay for it but I will never come back here".
I have eaten at some of the finest restaurants in the world and also at many local establishments on a regular basis - I have never received such rude and arrogant customer service in my life.
No wonder there were more waitresses then customers at this place - Its empty - for good reason!

2 Thank Tanya1764
lancashire
“Excellent food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Nice décor. Staff very friendly and helpful. The food is piping hot and delicious. I had the veg spring rolls ( 6 in the starter portion) & Char su with honey yum! Would definitely recommend eating here.

Visited November 2013
Sawbridgeworth, England, United Kingdom
“Very very nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely meal tonight, service is very fast and friendly. Food is wonderful and there is a lot to choose from. It's not cheap or too dear either - nothing bad to say!

• 3 of 5 bubbles