“My favourite place to eat!”
Review of Garden Of India

Garden Of India
Ranked #6 of 152 Restaurants in Harlow
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I really like the Garden of India for a number of reasons, the food is amazing and always tastes fresh, the atmosphere is great and the staff are excellent and very friendly. We love to eat in and soak up the atmosphere but my wife and I are happy drive across the town to pick up a take away rather than using somewhere closer. This really is my favourite place to eat!

Last year we held a charity curry night at the Garden of India for our local Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in Harlow. We raised over £2000 on the night which I know would not have been possible had it not been for the great food and hard work of all at the Garden of India. Thanks to Mo (the manager) and his team for making us feel so welcome and helping to raise so much money for such a great cause. I can’t to do it all again this year!

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I don't know what the problem is with the good people of Harlow. They have one of the best restaurants in Essex on their doorstep but just don't go! Admittedly, I can only eat here at lunchtimes as I live out of the area and am occasionally in the area for work & lunch, so it may be bursting at the seams in the evening. If so, good for them, and for you. If not - you're missing out on some great food! It's only drawback is the position in one of those funny little 60s shopping centres that seem to surround /Harlow. Try the Keema Rice, it's the best! Another great dish is the "lamb curry", which you ask for rather than being more specific, and you'll get the type of curry that most of the Indian restaurants prepare for their local Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi communities. It's superb! Of course, if you want a Korma, Jalfrezi, Madras or Tikka Masala, then it's on the menu, but for me, plain "curry" beats them all. Great food & friendly staff, AND brilliant value for money!!! What are you waiting for? Show support for a great restaurant - use it or lose it! (Mari-vegi no longer vegi)

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Returned after a couple of months, to receive a very warm welcome from both the staff & Management. Excellent food (with some unusual dishes) and great service,
Lighting now sorted, A must to visit if you like Indian food.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

We visited the Garden of India for a birthday meal, we were greeted by the friendly manager and enjoyed top quality food and service, try the rowdy brown which is full of flavour, prices were good and service great, thanks for the meal and look forward to returning.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Whether its take away, the mon-thurs 2 for 20 quid or the weekend the stanard of the food is always top drawer. For more than 20 years the food has been far and away above all similar restaurants in the town. With a varied menu and the chefs ability to cook you something that may not be on the menu exactly to your liking it would be madness to dine elsewhere. Good friendly service to boot The Garden of India certainly flies the flag for Indian food in Harlow.