“Great Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hinckley
Paisley, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

Stayed here as part of a work conference.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming - there was no problem that was too much for them.

The food we had was decent too considering they were catering for 300 people.

Our room was large and clean, overall very happy with the accommodation

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Dorset, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

This was my second stay at the hotel and feel its really improved. The buffet / carvery was excellent and well stocked. Staff very friendly and professional. I didn't use the leisure facilities unfortunately but will try to next time. It's very handy for the motorway network and bett value for money than the Hilton up the road, no car park fees, free wifi all help. I had the dinner bed and breakfast package which was good value.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Darlingcarling
Leamington Spa, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed in the most beautiful suite in the hotel, was absolutely stunning! Only down fall was the fire in the lounge area didn't work, but this was the same in every suite. Food was beautiful & staff were very friendly. Shower & bath were amazing, could of stayed in that bath forever. Would definitely recommend this hotel to many others!

Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed here for a work event, but would recommend for any type of reason to stay.
Lovely big room with comfy bed & great bathroom.
Impressive building with contemporary decor & can cater for all requirements from a small group of friends to very large business meetings - we were a group of 300+.
Not sure it would be very romantic though!

Kidderminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Stayed at the hotel 6 times in the last 18 months. Each time has been great. Rooms are spacious and comfortable and the staff have always been friendly and efficient. By far the best offers available for families are on a 'Stay, Play and Explore' stay. If you google this name it will take you to a site where you can get a good deal on a stay at the hotel which also includes tickets to local attractions such as Twycross Zoo and Conkers. The hotel is large and does get busy with functions such as fitness weekends and weddings however the design of the hotel means that the bedrooms are some way from the main part of the hotel so luckily you do not hear any noise. The pool area is nice and there is a big jacuzzi to relax in at the end of a busy day. Good value for money and I plan to stay again in February if not before.

Room Tip: One of very few hotels who will accomodate a family of 5. I have stayed with my husband and 3 childr...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Really like a hotel and hotel staff.Deffinetly will be back again:)
Cleanliness of the room was perfect,very confirtable bed,nice shower,loved my room and didnt want to leave,came for fittness weekend,but deffinetly will come back with my family or friends next time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed here as it was ideally located for my business needs. Found the hotel without any real bother and was impressed by the sheer size of the place. Plenty of space for parking, although a fair way to walk to the hotel itself. I got to reception and there was a reasonable sized queue for the desk. It took around 10 minutes to get dealt with. A young oriental lady took me through check in. She had obviously done this many times before, judging by the robotic way she asked questions and delivered instruction, albeit at a barely audible level. I was given directions to my room, which made it sound like it was fairly close by. Therefore I was somewhat surprised to have to walk a fairly long distance to my room. I'm not entirely sure I was still in the same county. The room itself was fairly standard fair. Most hotels are much of a muchness in that respect now. I needed to check a few emails so tried to log on to the free wi-fi only to find I needed a code. I called reception and waited and waited and waited. It must of taken around 10 minutes for my call to be answered. The girl on the end of the line informed me I would need to collect code from reception. I asked if she could not simply give me a code but no, apparently this creates some kind of security issue? So another walk across the county line and back just so I could do some work. I went down to the bar area with the intention of getting myself a snack. I picked up a drink stained, creased menu off a wobbly table and couldn't believe the price of the dishes. Around £15 for a burger and fries. Nothing like taking advantage of a captive market. I quickly decided against it. I approached the bar where 3 suited and booted young men were having a rather loud and frank discussion about some girl. This conversation carried on whilst one of them served me. Still participating eagerly in the conversation with his workmates. I went to the restaurant in search of food at a reasonable price. I was ushered to a table by a girl in yet another suit. Sat on my own slap bang in the middle of the place. Nothing on the menu really jumped out at me but I could see a good looking carvery in the distance. My waitress (another person in a suit) came to take my order. Again in a very disinterested manner. I mentioned the carvery and was told to "help myself". I'm not sure what any of the Luke warm food I had that evening actually was I did ask a waitress at one point what a non specific meat containing dish was but alas she wasn't sure. Mass catering is never easy but to send mounds of barely hot, unrecognizable food into public display seem's to indicate a lack of basic care. I can see why you sit people so far away from it. Breakfast the next day was much better although there didn't appear to be a lot of staff around. In fact on reflection almost every member of staff I came into contact with appeared to be at management level. I fear for normal staff members as at almost every turn the management seemed to lack the fundamental basics in service. Not an enjoyable experience at all.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank BobHarlow

Travelers are raving about these Hinckley hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hinckley
Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa
3.0 of 5 bubbles 4,066 reviews
Badgers Mount Hotel
Badgers Mount Hotel
#1 of 1 in Elmesthorpe

Been to Jurys Inn Hinckley Island? Share your experiences!