“Friendly staff, great rooms.”

Jurys Inn Hinckley Island
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Hinckley
Shanklin, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, great rooms.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

Booked a family break with the spa in mind. Upon arrival found that the spa was closed for repairs. The floor manager arranged for us to have a free taxi to and from a nearby hotel with spa facilities. Our room was huge as were the beds. For the first time ever for me we had a room that was quiet and not infested with the sound of noisy guests, brilliant.
The restaurant may not be al a cart but the food was hot, with a good range and best of all the staff were friendly and helpful.
The Triumph bar is brilliant with a great motorcycle theme.
This hotel has good access to motorways and A roads to many locations.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Wayne T, General Manager at Jurys Inn Hinckley Island, responded to this review, May 15, 2012
Dear Nigel W,

Thank you so much. I am so pleased that we were able to offer suitable alternative facilities whilst our leisure club was being upgraded.

I am really happy that you found my team helpful and supportive. Superb!!

Wayne Topley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012 via mobile

Recently attended conference here for 250 people.

Really good theatre and PA service.

Badly let down by the lunch!

Small nibbles that resembled ice hockey pucks, over grilled bruschetta, wet tuna and chicken wraps and greasy chicken "tempora"- weak I thought.

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank MJH1
Dear MJH,

Thank you for your review, I am really pleased that you enjoyed the conference facilities at my hotel. Feel free to drop me a line to discuss your disappointment with the lunch offering.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2012

I thhroughly enjoyed my Zumba weekend stay in my Executive room, even tho' I had to drag Hubby along with me, as my friend wasn't able to make it. The bed was re-a-lly comfortable and the room was spotless.I liked the way the basin and vanity area was separate to the bathroom, so i could get ready while Hubby was having a bath. Our room on the first floor just happened to be the closest to the stairs, which meant I could nip down to the Zumba events and back again with ease, yet it was quiet and soundproofed, too.(Actually, just remembered that our room was chilly, and that was due to a gap in the window frame, but it warmed up quite nicely as the little heater turned out to be quite powerful.)
The hotel staff were charming and worked hard to meet every request.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Ewa T,

Superb!! thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012 via mobile

Good site for conferencing and business meetings but avoid the food. We had a 3 course meal for over 100 people and it was worse than a wether spoons microwave meal. If they upped their game on food they would be a force to reckon with

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Jamesdrop,

Thank you for your honest review. I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your conference here at my hotel.

I am pleased that your arrival, room and check out were all first class.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

This place is absolutely fine. It probably wouldn't be your first choice for a romantic break but if your concerns are more practical and functional, then this hotel ticks most of the boxes. We got a good size room that easily accommodated the 5 of us. It was very busy when we were their but this didn't appear to affect service, which was generally very good, and the place still managed to feel relaxed and spacious.
We stayed here as part of the Stay, Play Explore package (http://www.goleicestershire.com/short-breaks/stayplayexplore.aspx) and it was perfect for us. This package is incredibly good value and I would thoroughly recommend it, especially to families.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Scott F
Dear FatDanOxford,

What a great review, thank you!! I look forward to welcoming you back to my hotel.

Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2012

I stayed here 2 nights ago for business. Check in was fine; I was given an executive room (373). It was freezing when I went into it so I turned the really small electrc heater up to max and went for dinner. When I returned 2 hours later the room was still really cold so I called Reception. The housekeeping person brought up a heater which emitted so many sparks when she plugged it in that she got an enormous fright. As she said she was finishing for the night (great level of customer service, not) she said she would have Reception bring up another one. Thirty minutes later no word from Reception. I rang them and someone came up, tested a few rooms and helped me move to a tiny room, also unbelievably listed as an executive room (270). I was actually happy with the size as it meant the tiny heater would actually be able to heat the room and it did...

My colleague did not change rooms and woke up sick the next morning after a sleepless night.

Other than that I paid £14.00 for a burger which was completely processed and the bathroom was very dated and the only bathroom amenities given were a shampoo, shower gel and shower cap. Also, I did not have time for breakfast the next morning so asked for a take away container to bring some fruit with me and I was told that all they had were napkins...

Last thing, the pillows were the smallest, cheapest I have ever slept in.

You decide but for me it was a disaster!

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank CaitDublin_Ireland
Dear CaitDublin_Ireland,

Thank you for your frank review, please do drop me a line and I'd be happy to talk through your experience of my hotel with you personally

Wayne Topley

Travelers are raving about these Hinckley hotels

Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

Have been twice now with fitness weekends. Not the fanciest hotel but we got all our meals included. Helpful staff. Bar a bit pricey but there's a tesco a couple of miles away to buy wine. Rooms are clean and comfortable if a bit faded but great shower, new tv, great bed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank motherwellgirl
Dear motherwellgirl,

Thank you for your short but sweet review. I look forward to welcoming you back.

All the best!

Wayne Topley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hinckley
Sketchley Grange Hotel & Spa
3.0 of 5 bubbles 4,066 reviews
Badgers Mount Hotel
Badgers Mount Hotel
#1 of 1 in Elmesthorpe

Been to Jurys Inn Hinckley Island? Share your experiences!