“Weekly venue for luncheon meetings”
Review of Art Cafe

Art Cafe
Ranked #30 of 115 Restaurants in Hinckley
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Tucked away at the top of Castle Street, Hinckley, Leicestershire, is the Art Cafe. I have lived in Leicestershire for the past 24 years and it is only during this year, 2013, that I was told about the Cafe by a friend who goes regularly.
My first visit was back in March when I suggested to my husband that we tried the Art Cafe as a new venue for our weekly luncheon on a Wednesday.
As I have special dietary needs, namely a gluten and lactose free requirement, I was very pleasantly surprised when I asked for gluten free bread and soya milk and the friendly waitress said yes. As I had ordered a sandwich, I was asked if I would like it toasted? A short time later a steaming hot mug of ground coffee and soya milk arrived, followed by the tastiest ham and pickle toasty garnished with salad, I have tasted in a long time. For those of us who have a gluten intolerance, eating bread made with rice and potato flour can make meal times very uninteresting. Also, very few cafes and restaurants offer food that is gluten free and wheat free, it was therefore a very positive experience for me. My husband always has a preference to go to the Cafe as he says the food is always very tasty and freshly made.
The only down side is, you have to access the Cafe by going up some very steep steps. It would not be feasible to have a lift. This, however, does not deter us from going each week now. I also take my daughter and daughter-in-law on different occasions. They too have enjoyed their visit and the food especially.
For somewhere that is a little bit different and serves reasonably priced food, the Art Cafe is certainly recommended.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

My favourite place for coffee in Hinckley - great service - ambience and food please go there if you like art also

Reviewed December 14, 2012

The Art Cafe in Hinckley is a wonderful environment to chat with your friends or even with complete strangers... the welcome is so warm. Food is tasty, fresh and perfect value for money.
Sitting looking at local artists work whilst sitting drinking a mocha (with cream) is my idea of heaven. I also love to pop downstairs after food and browse round the independent art shop... can't do that many places anymore...
Alan Briggs

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

First visit to the Art cafe, definitely won't be the last! Great coffee, lovely fresh salad garnish with the sandwiches. Really relaxing atmosphere too.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

very friendly, relaxed, welcoming and comforting atmosphere with freshly prepared, tasty food. Always a quick service, offering fine cakes, coffees, lunches ect and is very fairly priced. Far better than queuing at the counter like a school child at a chain, this bright and unique cafe rates, in my opinion, as one of the best dining places around.