“Runs a plenty!!”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Not been to this restaurant for a while but as it was rated top in Hinckley thought would give it a go, I so wish I had not!!
The popadoms pickles etc were very nice however the main course which was supposedly lamb didn't taste or look like lamb, but I gave it the benefit of doubt as it tasted passable, nothing special just OK.
It was half hour later that I knew there was a problem, terrible stomach pains and nearly soiling myself before I got home, thank god I live 25 min away and not 26 minutes away or I would of had to discard underwear and trousers, would of been a squishy unpleasant walk home, as it was ive never climbed my stairs faster or dropped my kegs quicker. That night and the next day was no better with stomach cramps (I still have the nail marks from clench fists) and getting to know every mark on the back of the toilet door. Never will I visit again, a shame as very friendly attentive staff.

There are newer reviews for Simla

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We went to Simla's on the evening of Friday the 9th, as heard that it was one of the best Indian Restaurants in Hinckley. The evening started off fairly well with the popadoms; dips and the okay service, but slowly went from bad to worse. We ordered 2 lamb dishes, which was the strangest lamb I've ever tasted, and it was in tiny cubes; plus the 2 different dishes tasted much the same. The mushroom rice was okay, but I've had better. But the worse part of the evening was the way home!! After 20 minutes of walking, we both had to break into a run - to get to the toilet!!!! I can safely say that I won't EVER be going to Simla's again.

1  Thank Lexylizard
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Have been visiting The Simla for quite a while now. The people are lovely and very courteous - always open the door for you on the way out. The food is amazing, I wouldn't eat at another local Indian restaurant. The prices are reasonable too.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We used to visit Simla everytime we went out for food. Great consistent food and good prices. Only thing stopping us going now is living 100 miles away.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My company asked me to spend 3weeks working in Magna Park, and the "approved hotel" was located in Hinkley. So after studying trip advisors best places to eat in Hinkley, I deceided to eat my way round the world in 3weeks. First meal was a burger and chips in the hotel, which I booked as the USA, but didn't really count. Anyway meal two was an Indian here, I arrived around 6.15 a few people were already eating, service was good, I was seated almost immediatly and a beer was quickly ordered and arrived. A few different things on the menu that I had not seen before, I ordered a starter and a chicken main meal, portions were good, food was good, and in all not a bad experience