“Service problems persist”

Ranked #4 of 102 Restaurants in Hinckley
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, British, Wine Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Barnacles Restaurant & Bar Bistro offers guests a very warm welcome. Seating downstairs in our contemporary Bistro offers a relaxed atmosphere where you can enjoy exquisite food, fine wines, great beers, a snug log fire and our outside terrace. Upstairs is our award winning restaurant which offers the very best quality food which reflects our personality and the ethos of Barnacles Restaurant & Bar Bistro. We strive to deliver affordable, locally sourced seasonal produce, never compromising on style or quality. Our extensive menus are designed to suit every taste and budget, whether you are celebrating a special occasion or fancy a classic British bistro dish, you are sure to enjoy your visit!
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Service problems persist”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Visited restaurant on Wednesday evening. We have been a few times over the years the last time in 2010. The ambiance is good and an improvement from last visit. My steak was slightly over done but not ruined and I enjoyed my meal. My daughter had Tuna to start but was not impressed. My family each had potato to accompany the fish main course and were taken aback by the miniscule size of the potato portion especially as neither of them being big eaters. My chips was a huge portion compared to the alternative style of potato.

The thing that really let the restaurant down was service. This was as bad as 2010. The time delay between 1st and 2nd course is too big. The waitress was apologetic when we inquired about the delay but could not provide a reason considering the restaurant was not overly busy. I think it would be helpful for the waiting staff to be more attentive to clientele. The plate is put on the table but no follow up to see if food OK and if you need anything else until they remove plate. If food is unsatisfactory or you need another drink it is a long time before you get attention. Having said this the serving staff were friendly and polite when they engaged with us. The Hinckley area is poorly served by quality restaurants and its a shame that Barnacles does not quite make the grade

4 Thank CrocodileRoc

Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Dined at Barnacles last Saturday, with my young family. This is the second time I've dined at Barnacles it was as fabulous as the first time! My steak was cooked perfectly and full of flavour, melt in your mouth! My husband opted for the Lobster, he said it genuinely was the best he's had. The children's meals were a hit too, 3 cleared plates! It's refreshing to go to a restaurant where children are catered for equally as well as adults, not a chicken dipper in sight!! The staff are a credit, helpful, friendly, professional and so welcoming. I love the relaxed atmosphere, setting is beautiful and food really is the best in the area. I can't recommend Barnacles highly enough!

• Visited April 2014
BarnaclesHinckley, Public Relations Manager at Barnacles Restaurant & Bar Bistro, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We really do value what are customers are saying and its good to hear we are doing the right thing!

See you again soon

Barnacles
nuneaton
“Back to its best”
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Visited on a very busy Friday night but the service did not suffer. Food was very good and served in a professional manner. Ambience was good too. Staff we're very helpful with my wife's dietary requirement of gluten free. The only grumble I have is that our table for 4 was small especially once red wine, white wine and water were placed on the table. However having visited about 9 months ago we will be coming back and not leaving it so long this time! Keep up the good work!

Visited April 2014
BarnaclesHinckley, Public Relations Manager at Barnacles Restaurant & Bar Bistro, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thanks so much for a great review. We are glad you had such a good time and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards

Claire
Hinckley, United Kingdom
“Barnacles is Back!”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I first went to Barnacles 24 years ago for my 1st Wedding Anniversary. Haven't been for a while but OMG Barnacles is BACK! The menu, the food, the atmosphere, the service, all absolutely fantastic, couldn't praise it enough. So much I wanted to try, I need to go again and again. So pleased that this restaurant has turned itself around. A wonderful evening and I plan to take my husband there very soon. Would recommend to anyone, you don't need to be a fish lover, the menu caters for all tastes.

Regards

Claire
Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Very disappointing,mussels starter all I can say I've had better from Tesco's Very poor menu the monkfish was passable but nothing special.For over £100 I was not impressed.It was a belated birthday meal,oh well it was along time since I'd been (yes it was fabulous then) don't think I'll other again

• Visited March 2014