“Such a shame”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed January 4, 2014

First appearance the restaurant and bar look spacious, clean and the meals coming out look good.

The bar staff are friendly and serve you as quick as they can. Out of all the meals that I have tried here, I would recommend the spare ribs, gammon and chicken. The buffet nights advertised sound good, but the presentation was something to seriously look at. I feel that the person who is serving the food should come around the front of the counter and look from a customer's point of view of what the food looks like. If food does not look good... it will not sell. And whilst the food is sat there longer it is not reflecting a good opinion of the Brewers Fayre.

My advise is look at food presentation and ask yourself, "Would you eat it?"

Reviewed December 27, 2013

I booked a table for 5 of us for Christmas dinner it was more like a pub lunch no table cloths on the wooden tables cheap tacky Christmas crackers and tacky balloons no wine glasses cutlery was not very clean cheap plain white serviettes all the vegatables was cold brussel sprouts were hardly cooked and cold the cranberry stuffing was hard as for the meat Turkey beef and gammon was not very hot

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Been here a few times before and it has always been okay. however this time we queued for about 20 minutes to order food because there was only 2 tills that accepted card payments.
we had the carvery and were unable to cut the beef as it was so tough. the veg was inedible and the roast potatoes were frozen and undercooked. the stuffing was cremated and we ended up leaving our meal. we were offered a free coffee or dessert but did not want to eat there after that.
later that evening i felt ill and i am sure it was due to the food that i did manage to eat !
We will never go there again ! overpriced and undercooked.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

poor portions on kids meals.5 chips, dryly cooked, these meals are not cheap. sweets very poor portions no where near your competitors.adult food just as poor.very difficult to get served at bar they just ignore you even though thy are not busy. quite expensive for poor food

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have visited the Marina many times over the last 10 years with friends & family. Service can be hit & miss, especially when its busier but generally the food has been reasonable. Today I visited with a friend for lunch and it has gone down in standards. I ordered pate starter & smothered chicken main. The starters took 3omins from order to table. I had to ask for some butter and the salad garnish was brown. I asked for a change & pointed out the salad only to get an 'oh' from the waitress. She came back with same plate different garnish so my toast was now cold. We then waited another 30mins for mains. Chicken was soggy in the middle and obviously not microwaved/defrosted enough. Absolutely disgusting. I showed the waitress who again didn't seem at all bothered. As you pay up front & I was short of time, I didn't get much chance to complain as the manager was busy. Had I been paying after, I think I would have refused! Apart from the location, pretty by the canal etc this place now totally sucks. No customer service, horrible reheated food & over priced drinks. Do not waste your money. Go down the road to the Milestone instead.