“awful”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
uk
“awful”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

poor portions on kids meals.5 chips, dryly cooked, these meals are not cheap. sweets very poor portions no where near your competitors.adult food just as poor.very difficult to get served at bar they just ignore you even though thy are not busy. quite expensive for poor food

Visited June 2013

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Disgusting food with poor service. Never again!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have visited the Marina many times over the last 10 years with friends & family. Service can be hit & miss, especially when its busier but generally the food has been reasonable. Today I visited with a friend for lunch and it has gone down in standards. I ordered pate starter & smothered chicken main. The starters took 3omins from order to table. I had to ask for some butter and the salad garnish was brown. I asked for a change & pointed out the salad only to get an 'oh' from the waitress. She came back with same plate different garnish so my toast was now cold. We then waited another 30mins for mains. Chicken was soggy in the middle and obviously not microwaved/defrosted enough. Absolutely disgusting. I showed the waitress who again didn't seem at all bothered. As you pay up front & I was short of time, I didn't get much chance to complain as the manager was busy. Had I been paying after, I think I would have refused! Apart from the location, pretty by the canal etc this place now totally sucks. No customer service, horrible reheated food & over priced drinks. Do not waste your money. Go down the road to the Milestone instead.

• Visited October 2013
Barwell
“FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE TO EAT”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We've been going here for a few years now. It's always been average but the settings of the restaurant is what always brings us back. But last night we went for our sons birthday and it was awful.
It took 50 mins for our starters to come out. When i asked how long they would be the waitress came straight out with them. They had been sat in there for a while cause they were lukewarm plus missing a bowl of chicken wings. The manager came over to say he was sorry and that he was having a bad day. Which to be fair we all have at some point. He said he would get our mains cooking straight away.
After another 40 minutes and no mains i complained to the waitress that 2 other families had come in well after us and were eating their main course, she said she would have ours pushed to the front of the queue. When they finally turned up they were again lukewarm and not to a high standard at all. In fact i left half of mine. My husbands fish and chips was supposed to come with tartar sauce. My husband told the waitress, we never saw her again. When we complained again the manager came back and apologized again and gave us a full refund.

We won't be going back again. Worst meal we have ever had.

• Visited September 2013
“Food was nice - service needs improving”
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

A group of 10ish of us came the other night for a birthday. Food was nice, staff need more training. My friend went through a right rigmarole when he added something to my tab for me, he had to repeat himself alot, and the person serving him spent ages asking how to spell my name even though at no point was he asked to input my name onto the tab. We had lots of random meals been sent to our table which we hadnt ordered. Same when it came to pudding. Do they not have a table plan in the kitchen so people know where theyre going? Not shockingly awful, but not that great either though id probly go again as the food was ok and the kids can play

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Awful!!!”
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

This is reasonably local to where we live, which would be great if everything about the place (apart from its location by the canal) wasn't so terrible!!
We've tried to eat here on at least four occasions and each time had a refund as the food was diabolical, once we ordered burgers as we thought that would be a safe bet, how wrong we were! No salad (as advertised) or much of anything else, the reason given by the manager was that they were busy and run out, so why weren't we told when ordering and why did it still cost £8.49! For a burger!!!! (One even had a piece of frozen chicken in it, it's a BEEF burger!)
This Sunday we thought we'd try just having a drink, we were stood at the bar with friends and it took nearly 20 minutes before bar staff approached to serve us our second drink, by which time I'd had enough, at £3.50ish for a pint I expect to be served sooner than that, we left and took our business elsewhere.
I'd like to say that these are isolated instances of poor service, but I can't!
If your looking to treat yourselves to a nice meal and a few drinks look elsewhere, not only will both be better but you'll save money too.

• Visited September 2013