Kirklands Hotel
$63
  • Pool
$80
$84
Travelodge Kinross M90 Hotel(Kinross)(Great Value!)
$44
$66
Travelodge Dunfermline(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
$55
Travelodge
Holiday Inn Express Dunfermline(Dunfermline)(Great Value!)
$79
$66
Kelson Lodge(Kinross)
TripAdvisor
Thistle Hotel(Kinross)
TripAdvisor
All reviewskippershigh standardexcellent foodfirst classgreat barfantastic hotelfish and chipsbreakfast and dinnerloch levennice atmospherehome from homecomfy bedsaturday nightcooked breakfastfamily roomstayed one nightattentive staff
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We first stayed at the Kirklands Hotel in October last year (2013) and were so impressed, decided to give it another go, this time from May 10th to 15th. Everything was just as good as before - great service, lovely food, the same room (!) and a feeling of being in someone's house rather than an hotel. Shona and Anthony and all the staff (including chef Derek) pull out all the stops and make it a really relaxing break - they even offered to store our shopping (cheese mostly) from the nearby Loch Leven's Larder overnight. And when our car developed a fault just after we'd left to go home, they were very accommodating and let us use the phone to call the AA and wait in the bar area with a free coffee for help to arrive. My only complaint would be that the people staying in the room above us seemed to be on an indoor trek most nights and early mornings and kept us awake quite a bit. In future, we will ask for a room on the 2nd floor (despite 2 hip replacements and dodgy knees, I'll put up with the stairs) and one overlooking the back rather than the road. That would be my only real complaint - apart from the fact the restaurant meals for dinner could include a couple of "light" choices as once again it sabotaged any attempts at dieting! We'll be back next year.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We went here as a family group of 5. Our daughter and family live locally and had really enjoyed dinner recently, so invited my wife and I to join them for a return visit. Their recommendation was well founded.
The restaurant is a relaxed space and features original wooden floorboards in keeping with the age of the building. We were greeted and seated promptly, menus provided and drinks orders taken, all carried out by very friendly and smiling staff. They offer an interesting and wide range of cocktails and our experience was that they are really good, well worth trying. They include non alcoholic cocktails, one of which ordered by the young member of our party was pronounced "great". There are also excellent beers available.
The dinner menu is supplemented by a specials menu and there is something for every taste. All dishes we had were agreed to be delicious but my starter of salad of asparagus and jersey potatoes deserves special mention; so fresh and delicious. The dessert menu has well chosen selections but I really could manage only a small pudding course. Some dishes included ice cream and another chocolate sauce, so I asked if I could possibly have just vanilla ice cream and some chocolate sauce. The reply was "Of course, not a problem" You may be surprised how many establishments seem to see a request to mix basic dessert ingredients they patently already have, as an insurmountable challenge for the kitchen. It is small things like this which can make the difference between a good evening and an excellent one. Thankfully those at The Kirklands still see the customer as more important than a process.
Indulge in an excellent whisky from their very extensive, well described and wide ranging whisky menu or perhaps a special coffee to finish.
The excellent food, attentive, warm and friendly staff makes the Kirklands Hotel a great choice for dinner.
Thanks to the whole team. We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Stayed at the Kirklands Hotel last night (Saturday 17th May), it was short bed breakfast and evening meal break organised by our daughter, and what a wonderful time we had. The hotel is lovely and very comfortable. The room (no 4) was realy well equipped,in fact I have never seen such a well equipped tea tray in my entire life!! The bed was bliss to sleep in,the bathroom was clean and shower gel was provided in fact there were FOUR bottles in that bathroom. The room looked on to the street but given it was a Saturday night we were impressed with how quiet it was. We had a meal in the resteraunt and I am astounded at the quality of the food,the presentation was magnificent and we couldnt finish our main course. The staff were lovely all smiley and helpful and the service was perfect. The next morning we had breakfast,and what a breakfast there was so much on offer,all cooked to perfection and HOT! Hot food on hot plates delicious! We would like to thank Athony and his wife and staff and of course their outstanding chef for a wonderful short break. We will definately be coming back!! Would highly recomend this hotel to discerning travellers who like class and quality at an affordable price.

Room Tip: We had room 4 it was perfect.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2014

When I booked this hotel the reviews of the food seemed fantastic for a small town hotel. However, after eating there all I can say is this is the best meal I have had in many, many years, in fact we can't remember having anything so good. This restaurant deserves many awards, the kitchen team need congratulating on a brilliant menu, that is well executed. The staff were brilliant, perfect service. The hosts were friendly, staff had drinks organised and palate noted, very professional. The hotel room was very comfortable, large with a great view of the church at the back. If you want an amazing meal with perfect service this is the place to go.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We toured the west coast a couple of weeks ago staying 7 nights at different hotels.
I booked kirklands because of its reviews so its only fair I leave my own honest opinion.
There is no doulbt that they have a thriving retaurant trade and that the food is very good here.
Unfortunately i feel it was let down by the room that we stayed in (room 3)
Its quite a small room and a struggle to fit around the bed when you open the room door, it looks a bit dates, is single glazed, located directly over the hotel entrance so you can hear everybody coming, going or smoking outside, the curtains are stained - probably by condensation. Most of the last 3 comments could probably be fixed by double or secondary glazing. The finish on the room wasn’t the best, but it was clean enough. The biggest let down was a huge gap under the bedroom door, as the door was only 2ft from the bed, it left you feeling a bit public as it looks down the vestible for 4 other rooms, I culd actually get my hand and part of my forearm under the door! We put the spare pillows and bed throw in front of the gap to keep some privacy - I have left a picture of the gap for comedy value :-/ The bathroom was totally fine, it was clean, bright and looked newly decorated. the hotel as a whole is friendly with good food, breakfast was also superb. Its reasonably priced so I would stay again & I would recommend Kirklands, but not room 3... Fix your door ASAP, it lets you down - Sorry !

Room Tip: Don't choose room 3
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple