“Excellent”

and 1 more site!
Kirklands Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Kinross
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Four us went for a dinner at the hotel. Staff were warm, friendly and attentive. The food was delicious, the atmosphere relaxed. Our hosts who live locally and have eaten at the hotel a number of times had nothing but praise for the owners and the staff. A lovely, non fussy evening with excellent food,

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Anthony and Shona always have the greatest of welcomes for the tired traveller. I never fail to be impressed with their professional but homely approach with their visitors. This time on my business visit I was lucky enough to take my good lady, I've been harping on about the Kirklands for ages, now she knows why.
The menu never ceases to impress and this time the wood pigeon salad and the turine turned our heads, this together with the impressive Italian wines suggested by Anthony made the meal really worth the money (not that expensive either).
I will always continue to stay at the Kirklands whenever I'm North of the border and will always sing its praises.
It just has to be tried!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are impressive en-suite - maybe a bit quieter to the rear of the hotel particularly in the...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Three of us met or lunch at the end of June '13. The welcome was most friendly and we were soon seated in the light and airy dining area. I had Breast of wood pigeon salad; a generous helping with delicious meat, and to my surprise I ate all the salad. When we come back I hope this will still be on the menu; but other starters sound tempting. The dish included nuts and croutons.
For main courses we had Risotto of tomato, mozarello and herbs. Although a small portion was chosen, the dish was generous and satisfying. Also fried fish and chips, with "real" hand-carved chips - excellent and generous. I chose a small haddock and redwood cheese open omelette, but again it was more than sufficient, and very tasty.
We had soft drinks, and coffee.
Everything was perfect, including the service. We will be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Living locally, my wife and I have been really impressed with the standard and quality of food, experienced since the hotel was refurbished in 2010. The staff are well presented and knowledgeable. If you were eating alone in the restaurant, it may be useful to have the wifi beefed up, ( no pun intended ) so it would cover that area, having said that, I am told it works well in the bar area. I would most certainly recommend eating at The Kirklands, you will not be disappointed - the owners ought to be proud of their chef and team, as they turn out some excellent food, at very reasonable prices.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Having returned from the british superbikes at knockhill, we stayed at the kirklands have been here a few years now and each time we return I would say that its just better and better each time. Shona and Anthony are great hosts and all the staff are lovely. food is as always excellent. so if anyones ever thinking off visiting Kinross this is definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stopped at the Kirklands Hotel for lunch on our way south. Had a great menu with lots of variety. Food and decor were top notch. The owners are exceptionally friendly and very eager to please. The customer is first at this great establishment.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our way to Edinburgh from the Orkney Islands. This hotel was very accommodating to our needs. I wished I remembered that guy and gal who helped us. They were both very sociable and helpful. Dinner and breakfast was good. We could easily walk to Loch Leven from the hotel. The floor in the room was very warped, but made room fun. I wish there was a ranking between 'excellent' and 'very good.'

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinross
The Green Hotel
Best Western Balgeddie House Hotel
Huntingtower Hotel
Huntingtower Hotel
#1 of 18 in Perth

Been to Kirklands Hotel? Share your experiences!