“Everything perfect”

and 1 more site!
Kirklands Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Kinross
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Three of us met or lunch at the end of June '13. The welcome was most friendly and we were soon seated in the light and airy dining area. I had Breast of wood pigeon salad; a generous helping with delicious meat, and to my surprise I ate all the salad. When we come back I hope this will still be on the menu; but other starters sound tempting. The dish included nuts and croutons.
For main courses we had Risotto of tomato, mozarello and herbs. Although a small portion was chosen, the dish was generous and satisfying. Also fried fish and chips, with "real" hand-carved chips - excellent and generous. I chose a small haddock and redwood cheese open omelette, but again it was more than sufficient, and very tasty.
We had soft drinks, and coffee.
Everything was perfect, including the service. We will be back soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Living locally, my wife and I have been really impressed with the standard and quality of food, experienced since the hotel was refurbished in 2010. The staff are well presented and knowledgeable. If you were eating alone in the restaurant, it may be useful to have the wifi beefed up, ( no pun intended ) so it would cover that area, having said that, I am told it works well in the bar area. I would most certainly recommend eating at The Kirklands, you will not be disappointed - the owners ought to be proud of their chef and team, as they turn out some excellent food, at very reasonable prices.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Having returned from the british superbikes at knockhill, we stayed at the kirklands have been here a few years now and each time we return I would say that its just better and better each time. Shona and Anthony are great hosts and all the staff are lovely. food is as always excellent. so if anyones ever thinking off visiting Kinross this is definitely worth a visit.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stopped at the Kirklands Hotel for lunch on our way south. Had a great menu with lots of variety. Food and decor were top notch. The owners are exceptionally friendly and very eager to please. The customer is first at this great establishment.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our way to Edinburgh from the Orkney Islands. This hotel was very accommodating to our needs. I wished I remembered that guy and gal who helped us. They were both very sociable and helpful. Dinner and breakfast was good. We could easily walk to Loch Leven from the hotel. The floor in the room was very warped, but made room fun. I wish there was a ranking between 'excellent' and 'very good.'

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Had a lovely meal here this evening with my son. Excellent food and great service. The restaurant was busy but the staff were very attentive. The atmosphere was relaxed. Although we only live about 13miles away this was the first time either of us had been. My son is working in Kinross at the moment and one of his colleagues recommended it. We were certainly not disappointed!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Hotel is approx. 25 miles north of Edinburgh. We stayed here for two nights over the recent bank holiday weekend. What a great stay , the rooms are bright, clean, modern décor, beds spot on and comfy. Free Wi-Fi access in the bar and the food is to die for :). We had to be up very very early to travel back into Edinburgh for the races and the owners Anthony and Shona couldn't do enough for us ie putting icepacks in the freezer for our cool box for the long day out in the city, the bikes in the garage or even getting up early to prep some porridge or on the Sunday as we were out a lot early, left out some breakfast for me. These guys should be proud of their hotel and business, one of the best places I have stayed for a long while. keep it up :)

Room Tip: We had room 8 right at the top of the building. Quite a few steep stairs so ask for a room on a low...