“Golf Break”
Review of The Green Hotel

The Green Hotel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Kinross
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Everything delivered as booked which was an overnight stay D,B&B with two rounds of golf on the hotel courses at great rates, but this is not a hotel only for golfers. Warm smiling welcome which was continued by all staff. The hotel is well appointed in all areas especially the dining room, bedrooms and lounges - food quite excellent. Also good car parking. Hope to return some time.

Room Tip: Perhaps a bedroom overlooking the garden quadrangle is best. .Our rooms were very spacious.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed here for one night with my wife using a voucher scheme. For £79.00 we had dinner, bed and breakfast and a bottle of wine. The room we had overlooked the gardens and I was most impressed. The evening meal was lovely and I had pigeon for starter and a large lamb shank for the mains. The staff were very friendly both in the bar and restaurant as was the reception staff. The hotel itself needs a little TLC but I believe that it is about to be upgraded. My only complaint was taht the buffet breakfast was not warm enough but that's what happens when too much is put out at the one time. All in all however, great value for money.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had a two-day break at The Green Hotel and enjoyed every minute of it. We had a spacious room with comfy beds. We ate both evenings at Basil's and enjoyed it very much. All the staff were polite and attentive.

I particularly liked to be able to escape to a comfy sofa, relax and read my book.

We played golf and used the leisure facilities at the sister hotel across the road.

We are hoping to return in the near future.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Just returned from one night in the Green Hotel on a deal from Spa Breaks which cost £109 for dinner B&B plus a 75min spa treatment, so we were not expecting too much... The food and service was great and our rooms were lovely and clean very large too, I slepted like a log. One thing I,d say to help anyone going on a spa girlie break, as we were on, the beauty rooms have no showers and pool area are seperate, so I,d treat your spa day as to seperate experiances, when we,ve been on breaks before to other hotels they have always been together so going about in robes and slippers was not a problem, but if you know this before you go you can plan your day before hand.We had our lunch in Rushes Bar and dinner in Basil,s both were great.

Room Tip: Room 39 is huge with 3 slinge beds.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel. The food was delicious, staff very friendly and helpful and being able to use leisure facilities at the Windstrae made it a perfect couple of days away. Could not find fault with anything except the weather which was not great but did not keep us from exploring surrounding area.

Room Tip: our room was lovely and roomy - it was on the ground floor as we had a small dog with us it was perf...
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed here for one night after watching Albert Lee and Hogan's Heroes perform on Friday 26th April 2013. My stay was very, very good. Firstly let me focus on the positive aspects of the hotel.
1. The affordable, very tasty food in Jock's.
2. The exceptionally friendly and courteous waiting and bar staff.
3. The superb acts that David Mundell promotes and hosts from the "Backstage Music Venue"within the hotel.
4. The excellent sized twin bedroom I stayed in.
5. The reasonably priced drink.
6. The accessibility of two great golf courses within striding distance from the front door.

All of these attributes create an excellent venue for either a golfing weekend, or a night out seeing a great band without having to worry about taxis or getting home whilst blotto.

Now, there is only one reason why I can't deem the Green Hotel 'perfect'. The management are incredibly disorganised when it comes to money and confirming details of payments etc. I had paid my whole trip up front via debt card. I booked the whole trip six months in advance. Two months after the booking haad been taken, the hotel took 72 pounds from my bank account. I obviously called to see why they had done this. They admitted it was a clerical error and , in fairness to them, they refunded me right away. However, after this mishap I asked them THREE times over the phone to email a confirmation of what I had paid for and what services were owed to me i.e golf/ room/ music. Not once did anyone email me a confirmation. Anyway, I eventually emailed them outlining exactly what I expected to happen when I arrived there in April and they replied saying my arrangements were all correct.

My time away was brilliant fun. At the end of the trip though, the checkout team said I owed a random £46.54. They eventually dropped the issue of the owed money afterI pointed out my email stipulating exactly what arrangements and payments had already been made.

In summary, people are too busy these days to confirm details of a hotel booking themselves. This should be something the Green Hotel do right away. It saves the customer feeling awkward when faced with bills that are either wrong or fictional.

A brilliant,fun filled night away. But the issues the hotel have with organising money need addressed right away.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 22, 2013

What a lovely place to stay. This was our first visit and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. The food is excellent and the beer good in Jock's Bar. Although primarily a golfing hotel and neither of us play the game, the hotel just looked lovely and recent trip advisor reviews recommend the place. We stayed in room 21 , a double room overlooking the garden. Very spacious, lovely flat screen tv, free wifi, comfy bed !!! It also hosts live bands and the hotel website is well worth a look at for the future concerts!!! Andy Fairweather Low is her in October so we will definitely be back for that !!! All round a wonderful place to stay, ideally based for Perth, Dundee and St Andrews.
Also you can bring your dogs, and even they get a welcome pack of treats, dog bowls !!!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kinross
Windlestrae Hotel
Ballathie House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Stanley
Best Western Balgeddie House Hotel
Knock Castle Hotel & Spa

Been to The Green Hotel? Share your experiences!