The Green Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Balmule House(Dunfermline)
View Hotel
All reviewsjocks baracross the roadsister hotelleisure facilitiessteakon arrivalbottle of wineswimming poolthe ground floorfirst classfour poster bedroom was largea lovely staygolf breakgroupon dealbuffet stylebit dated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Just thoroughly enjoyed a spa break at the Green Hotel. We were so impressed by everything and everyone that the hotel has to offer. The choice of facilities that the hotel has to offer is fantastic and we made full use of the bars/restaurants and the staff are so helpful and friendly, making u feel so welcome. The room was fab, ample size and v v comfortable with the added benefit of the little things which make u feel at home. The food thruout our stay was delicious and such a choice. We enjoyed our treatments in The Beauty Room, again lovely welcome and made to feel at ease as soon as u walk in. Unfortunately My nieces first experience of a massage wasn't so nice but I think it maybe the therapist being a bit too enthusiastic on her first appointment of the day and my niece not knowing wot to expect. Definitely be back and would def recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here 3 times now whilst my wife conducts her business appointments, & have to say, from a visitor point of view, it's absolutely superb for me!! We prefer an upper floor ( two levels ) & the room and sleep quality has always been excellent! The bar food ( Jock's Bar ) is faultless, with the service, quality and prices being beyond reproach ! The breakfast is fantastic with everything ( except Haggis unfortunately :( ) you could wish for ! Free wi-fi connection & a location that cannot be faulted. I casually expressed a desire to fish loch-leven, but hadn't brought my fly-rods. The receptionist actually 'phoned the loch-manager there & then, in front of me & arranged the loan of two rods and a motor-boat for the day for me,! How about that! for customer-service!! I really love this little hotel & always look forward to Stopping here. Kinross is a 5 minute walk down the street & has everything you could need in terms of high-street facilities.
If you are a Golfer?? The course is literally just across the road from the hotel. Would I recommend this hotel??? ABSOLUTELY ! Would I go back ? Can't wait !!

Room Tip: We always opt for a top floor room & cannot fault the quality in every aspect !!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
15  Thank Ionians
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We love to pop up to Kinross for dinner at Jocks Bar at the Green Hotel. The staff are friendly the restaurant is nice and cosy and decor good and there is a good choice on the very well priced menu. Well worth a visit

Room Tip: didnt stay ourselves as we live just 7 miles away but friends love it here!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2013

Just arrived back from The Green Hotel, Kinross.

My wife and I took our two daughters age 6 and 3 months old. When we arrived we had a bottle of wine on arrival (part of the package), and were allocated a family room (# 40).
First off, the room was a very generous size which included a King size bed, a single bed and a cot. The view was ok but the size of the room beat everything.

We had breakfast both mornings and dinner in Basil's restaurant within the hotel on the first night. Dinner in particular was fantastic. A beautiful 3 course meal each. The sirloin steak was lovely as was the chicken. The sweets were also delicious.
Special mention has to go to the staff who waited on us, James, Cameron and Katie. The three of them couldn't do enough for us and in particular made our 6 year olds stay extra special by putting her drawings up on the wall next to our table in the restaurant. A lovely personal touch!

The Windlestrae sister hotel (across the road) held the sauna, and steam room with a very warm jacuzzi. The pool was also heated to 32 degrees, which made a difference believe it or not. Take your shower gels etc with you but towels are provided.

The only downside was the quality of food in Monty's restaurant however we hardly paid for it, as it was 2-for-1 and kids are free.

The hotel is about 40 mins drive to Edinburgh and there is a bus stop outside which takes you fit to Edinburgh, should you wish to leave the car. That takes roughly an hour.

All in all, we had a brilliant time and will be returning soon!!!

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I booked this in December as a nice family break in January after the busy festive period and having previously stayed at the hotel had no second thoughts that this would be where we went again.

On arrival we were greated by reception and shown to our room, which was very spacious considering that it was a family room (2 adults and 2 kids). We had a lovely bottle of wine waiting for us in the room, but as we arrived later on after work on Friday night we made our way straight to Jock Bar for our dinner. (we stopped to have a look at the menu for Basil's restaurant which looked delicious, but having a 4 year old she already had her mind set on fish fingers lol). We were shown straight to our table and service after that was excellent, the food was delicious and fresh, and the waitress even offered my daughter something that was not on the menu for dessert just because she didnt want ice-cream. The staff were very friendly and made it enjoyable enough that we went back here for dinner on our second night.

The breakfast the next morning was excellent with plenty to choose from, from continental to cooked Scottish, servers were really attentive and polite.

We took full use of the leasure facilities in the sister hotel (the Windlestrae) and had no issues at all here, the pool is a great size and caters for swimmers and for young families who just want to play about. They have a jacuzzi, sauna and steam room and all were spotlessly clean. My husband used the gym whilst we were in the pool and although its quite small there is plenty of modern equipment to get a good workout to burn off the breakfast calories.

All in all an great weekend stay, I would recomment the hotel to anyone looking for a break and we will be going back.
Cant re-itterate enough just how pleasent and friendly all the staff are, from the housecleaning staff to the management staff. Many Thanks to all for a brilliant stay.

Room Tip: We had room 19 which was on the second floor, right on the corner ideal for families
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family