“Great food and friendly”

The Raj Mahal Indian Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 29 Restaurants in Kinross
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Great food and friendly”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This is one of the best Indian restaurants in the area. Superb selection of dishes and have tried a few since first visiting. The only negative is that it's never very busy so the atmosphere is a little quiet, but well worth a visit!

• Visited April 2014
Rm132, Owner at The Raj Mahal Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Hi dear customer thank you for you been my restaurant and enjoyed your food .our main target is customer satisfaction . Thanks again see you shortly.

Kinross, United Kingdom
“Mrs Mac's 'belated' birthday treat!!....I tagged along! :)”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We have eaten and had take aways from The Raj...a good few times and this time [Wed 09/04/14] was a treat from my wifes friend and I got invited too!!
1st impressions for us and for new customers to The Raj could be like this!
The main door, needs changed as it does not benefit what U will find inside! [don't let the front door put u off!].
Once inside...large, fresh, modern open style Indian Restaurant and feeling of space is good. Not busy as we went down 1830hrs, but did get busier as the evening progressed.
A warm friendly welcome was given, coats taken and directed to our seats.
The choice of food is amazing really when you think of the cooking required for the diff dishes!
Overall the service, food and everything was well above other places been too and even better when the tab was picked up..by someone else! ;)
There is no draft beer, so you will pay bottle prices!
Have eaten at most of the eateries in Kinross,and the surrounding areas and if you love indian food eat here and also sample the delights around the Loch Leven shore walk!..hope this helps the undecided! :) :) :)

• Visited April 2014
Rm132, Owner at The Raj Mahal Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you for your customs, I'm delighted you like my food and I know the door lets you down but I'm gonna improve soon. Please keep coming, il try my best to keep you happy. Thanks again
“Absolutely delicious!”
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just landed at Edinburgh airport after a week in Lanzarote and stopped here for dinner tonight. Goan chicken curry omg! Best curry we've ever tasted. If you're lucky enough to be near this place at a meal time then go!

Love jane x

• Visited April 2014
Thank you so much for your very nice comment. Glad you like our food and hope to see you again
Perth and Kinross, United Kingdom
“Awesome”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

This restaurant has become a regular haunt of ours and we have never been disappointed since the new management took over (prior to this we boycotted it due to inconsistent food and unpleasant staff).
Service is exceptionally attentive and pleasant, food is fresh and tasty and beautifully presented. We had a friend with us from Edinburgh (with hundreds of restaurants to choose from) and he gave The Raj Mahal a 5 star rating declaring this restaurant as producing one of the best meals he had ever had. The Peshwari Naan bread was to die for as was the Chicken Jahl Bhuna. King prawns really are king prawns - they are massive!

We would love to see more local folk enjoying this place - come Kinross-shire, wake up and savour the curries1

• Visited March 2014
Rm132, Owner at The Raj Mahal Indian Restaurant, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Many thanks for nice comments, I am delighted you feel this and hope to continue our service and hope your family and friends continue custom my restaurant I will try my best. Thanks again and see you soon.
Kinross, United Kingdom
“Belated Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

A bit of a let down with the buffet. Been before for the buffet and there was a great choice of food and plenty of it. Have to say last night loads of chicken dishes but poor veggie choices and not much else. Drinks seem very expensive too. Service very good

• Visited February 2014