“tea with a view”
Review of Mareel Cafe bar

Mareel Cafe bar
Ranked #4 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Lerwick
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: At the Café Bar in Mareel we pride ourselves on using fresh, locally sourced ingredients to create delicious, rustic dishes and refreshments - the perfect accompaniment to a day out at Mareel. We offer a wide selection of teas, coffees, other hot and cold drinks, bar refreshments, and light snacks, so come along and enjoy a fabulous view, a comfy seat, and some delicious food and drink. Mareel Café Bar hosts regular enjoyable events such as Singer Songwriter Nights, Sunday Jazz Sessions, Monthly Film Quiz, and Mixology at Mareel on Friday nights where DJs select relaxing background music while you enjoy a cocktail or two. To find out more about these events, follow us on our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I had lunch and tea at Mareel Cafe. The food was very good. The service is a little uneven. Both times I was there, I saw seals in the water outside.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Too slow when your in a rush. Nice furniture, low lighting that changes colour that clunks/flickers. I'd not recommend for epileptics I'd be concerned it would take on an episode. Staff need to ware an apron over their outside clothes and boys showing your underpants is not a good look in a cafe. Counter area needs sorting too. Went in for tea took that long I missed the beginning of my film

2  Thank Fraser C
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Once again the staff were friendly and very helpful.
The situation, right n the loch side was tremendous and again in the right weather you get great views across the water to the island of Bressay.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

like everything at Mareel, just wonderful and astonishingly sophisticated. We loved it - and you will too!

Reviewed September 10, 2013

The programming. The architecture. The fact that I saw young mums, with their babes in arms, a group of pensioners, a group of blokes, and hipsters from 'down south' all in one day eating at the cafe. This is a triumph as a community resource. The sheer breadth of the films on during the screenplay week. The number of authors. The goodwill, professionalism and tenacity of the staff.