“we had a great stay at the Aurora” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aurora Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lerwick
Aurora Guest House
Market Drayton, United Kingdom
“we had a great stay at the Aurora”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Hi we stayed at the same time as the other people from the other review jan 29
we were there for 4 nights and found it very nice, breakfast was how we wanted it every morning just need to ask how you want it , clean and comfortable rooms very comfy bed , an ideal location for the Up Helly Aa fire festival we were there for.
Andrea was very knowledgeable and friendly and could not have done any more to make our stay any more enjoyable , definitely would stay here again for our next visit
simon and helen

1 Thank shroptr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Dundee, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

if you want just to sleep, Aurora is ok. if you want nice experience, go somewhere else. cheep flat-pack furniture, with back of wardrobe fallen off, bottom of one drawer as well, and those pieces left laying around in room. had a nice little breakfast menu on the table, in real life only option was tea or coffee. I would have liked my eggs scrambled (and that was on menu) but we weren't asked, as couple on next table wasn't as well. There was really nice bathroom (with bath), with door always open and sign on door "private use only", what made us feel bit awkward as every other door was closed. instead we had shower-room, shared with another room. very good quality shower, but no heating so undressing wasn't nice and as other room was longer stay he had all his personal hygiene stuff laying there. worst WiFi as it only worked in hallway, not in room, and to use it we had to find the owner again to ask for the code. would have liked to use the living room then to get the signal, but as it was constantly set up for breakfast, we did feel it was off limits. we were planning to get some information where to eat and so on, from B&B, but owner disappeared too fast. I'll leave off purple colour-scheme, loads of fake and/or dried flowers in every corner, corner shelf cowered in aluminium foil...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Kadri K
andrea s, Owner at Aurora Guest House, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
So Sorry that your night at Aurora was dissappointing. The point you made about the wardrobe is justified as I am awaiting to have the back boards re-pinned, so your comment justified (but will say that board parts were not "laying around").

You maybe dont recall but when you checked into your room I advised you of the selection of fruit, yoghurt and cereals available at breakfast and advised you what I "normally" serve for the cooked plate - you both said this would be fine - but I will apologise for going ahead and cooking it for you in the morning and assuming you wanted fried egg. It would have been so easy to cook scrambled for you had you said while you were at the table.

My bathroom which you found such a tease is situated at the top of the first flight of stairs, its a lovely bathroom and I leave the door open as it allows extra natural light onto the landing. It was on the advice of the Tourist Board Grader that I put up the private sign so as not to confuse guests to whether they could use it or not - and it is ineviitable that some rooms have to be available to myself as and when required.

You make the shower room you shared sound to be full of the other guests private belongings - there was one bottle of shampoo and one spounge in the corner of the shower, he left it there for the 6 days he was here, he left no shaving or other grooming products!

I'm sorry if you found the wifi signal poor, it happens on occasion but not something I can control. As you took note of, there is a private sign on my bathroom door - but there is none on the dining/lounge door. Naturally the tables are set up for the nexts days breakfast service but the door stands wide open every day and evening with a lamp and the fire lights switched on. The large corner leather sofa has been used many times by guests to watch TV or read, I thought it was obvious it was for guest usage but I will take note and advise guests on their arrival in future that they are welcome to use it.

I must say I am sorry if I didnt talk long enough to you on the Saturday afternoon, I had friend callers at the time so perhaps I was rather rushed - for this I apologise.

With regard to your final comment about the decor in my hallway - I have no dried flowers and the hallway was one of the rooms I liked to much that it made me want to buy this house - so thats just a matter of taste. I am sorry that altogether you didnt enjoy your stay at Aurora as my whole working life is about making this house the best and most comfortable for my guests as I possibly can - Andrea