Generally my stay was average. The Glen Orchy is well positioned but the place itself is dated.
The bed was hard with thin sheet and duvet, and generally uncomfortable.
The walls are very thin and I could hear conersations in adjacent rooms and noises (mostly bathroom noises) from the room below mine.
Arrived early on Friday and had to wait until lunchtime for my room to be available, despite having booked my room for night before - didnt arrive on the Thurs due to bad weather, but someone was still in the room I was offered.
Arrived back at lunchtime to find the place locked up. I tried ringing but got no reply. Had to wait about an hour for the door to be unlocked.
I was there visiting a longtime friend and on leaving the owner discovered who my friend was and proceeded to give me his opinon on that person and their "relationships". Totally invasive and inappropriate.
If I need a hotel up there again I wont he choosing the Glen Orchy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glen Orchy is a converted Edwardian Convent located near Lerwick city centre. We are situated in a quiet neighbourhood with views which overlook the town and both Lerwick and Breiwick Bays. We are across the street from a golf course with coastal walks. We are family owned and operated with a few specially selected staff. We do our very best to make our guests feel welcomed and valued. We want everyone to have a pleasant stay and leave with good memories. We share information about whale sightings and aurora alerts. We try to make the extra effort for our guests because we know they have come great distances to stay with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Book Direct Rooms so you can book your Glen Orchy Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glen Orchy Guest House Hotel Lerwick
- Glen Orchy Hotel
- Glen Orchy Guest House Lerwick, Shetland Islands