“Nice wee cafe”

Havly Cafe
Ranked #3 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Lerwick
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family friendly cafe serving snacks, home bakes and delicious coffee. Free wifi.
“Nice wee cafe”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Visited the Havly a few times with family and friends. The BLT was lovely and the portion sizes are good.

• Visited December 2013

Lerwick
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Slow service, lack of interest by staff”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Came here for coffee with friends. Waited 25 despite the fact that the cafe was nearly empty and the staff had time to chat. As the order was for 3 cakes which were immediatly out on plates, we still had to wait 25 mins for the coffees to be made. Spoke the counter staff after 15 mins but there was no interest. My coffee was presented with the waitress's thumbs inside the coffee cup to stop it tipping. She even commented on how hot it felt!! Food good but management need to wise up and instruct staff as to what expected service looks like. Don't go if you are in a rush. I doubt I will be back as it is almost always like this.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Coffee F
Havly C, Manager at Havly Cafe, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Hi thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I'm sorry that you experienced poor service and a overly long delay. Unfortunately we should have communicated that our drinks machine had developed a fault and flooded so had to be turned off, followed by a fault in the kitchen which meant preparation was halted for a couple of hours and two full time staff members off. These things occasionally happen but we got a run of three. The staff were trying to resume usual service and deal with each situation as it occurred, without unduly alarming the public, however better communication with yourself would have helped. This is something they will address for 'next time', although we pray that may never happen again! Please come into the cafe and make yourself known to the staff and we will try to make amends for the difficulties and delays you experienced. Please rest assured we take your opinion very seriously and although we make mistakes from time to time, we do try to always give our customers excellent service, excellent quality food in a warm and friendly environment.
Lerwick, United Kingdom
“One of the best steak sandwiches I have ever had :)”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I don't usually order a steak sandwich when out, as it is too easy to get it wrong, and then they can just be plain horrible.

One of the staff had been suggesting their new steak roll to me for a couple of days, and I finally succumbed yesterday - no regrets.

I can honestly say this is one of the best steak sandwiches I have ever had. Not at all fatty, well cooked, with just the right amount of dressing and chutney in it to taste good, but not become sloppy.

• Visited February 2014
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
“Busy, Busy, Busy”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Found this small Cafe to be very busy. Ordering was a bit slow, only one person taking orders but service was prompt. Food was good, although Chicken was a bit dry. Reasonably priced. If you want somewhere quiet I would go elsewhere. This is definitely family orientated, lots of young children around.

• Visited October 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Great place”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I found this place while I was wandering around the Lerwick town centre. The staff are so friendly, the atmosphere is bright and cheerful. Great capuccinos and they have a play area for kids.

Visited September 2013