“Good Food, Nice Atmosphere”
Review of THE GREAT WALL

THE GREAT WALL
Ranked #16 of 38 Restaurants in Lerwick
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: THE GREAT WALL IS THE LARGEST CHINESE RESTURANT ON THE SHETLAND ISLANDS
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We enjoyed our meal here after being a bit doubtful about the restaurant at first, given that it didn't seem to have a menu up.

Regardless, it DOES have a good menu, offering both Chinese and Thai food of good quality. The service, too, was friendly, and the restaurant is well decorated, creating a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

We very much liked the view and the service was quick. The food was good and I cannot compare it with the other Chinese in Lerwick since we did not eat there. I was told after our eat at the Great Wall that they might use MSG, so best to double-check that first.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We dropped in and had a good Chinese meal, the staff were on the ball and service was reasonably quick.

I would happily go again if in Lerwick.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I went there for lunch with a friend that I haven't met in years. The restaurant was very Asian and the food was so good it tastes better than ready meals. My friend and I were really pleased about the pricing of the meals and we were very welcomed.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Probably the worst Chinese meal I've had in many a year, quality was worse than a poor take away, there was so much batter around the chicken hardly any room for the meat, inedible, boiled rice came in a lump stuck together. We did complain and once the staff and chef verified our meal was disgusting they couldn't do enough for us - to late. It was obvious there is no competition and they can more or less serve up what they want.
Poor quality with a friendly staff.