“super food”

The Bay Brasserie
Ranked #16 of 40 Restaurants in Lerwick
Cuisines: British, Scottish, French
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Scalloway, United Kingdom
“super food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

We went there for Sunday lunch,it was delicious and plenty of it.The only thing was the yorkshire puddins were over cooked,but besides that,excellent

• Visited August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
“Work trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

Exellent service. Exellent food. Nice view over the bay. Waiting time for the food was perfectly timed.

Rome, Italy
“Excellent menu and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

The menu we ate was superb! My compliment to the chef, the waiters very customers oriented. In my trip in Scotland I can say that was one of the best high quality restaurant of the country! Compliment again to the Bay Brasserie!

Lerwick, United Kingdom
“Great service, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2014

I went with a group from work (I really messed them about with numbers, but they were great about it) the service was excellent, our waiter suggested we might like to wait in the bar for one of our party... Then took our order there, and took us through to the restaurant when our starters were ready. The food was fantastic. No hesitation in recommending it.

Visited June 2014
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Big Disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Came on the very high recommendation of the B&B where I was staying - "best in Lerwick" said they.

I arrived early (6.30pm) as I had no reservation and was left standing at the door despite quite a few tables being occupied. Eventually a barman led me to a table and took a drinks order. Three times I was asked "are you resident?". The Restaurant Manager tersely brought my drink which was wrong and he didn't look happy at having to change it for what I'd actually ordered.

Goats Cheese starter was very nice but the 10oz Sirloin was poor, full of grissle and the chips were hard, tasted like the previous night's re-heated. A nice lady waitress asked whether I'd like some more and, as I was half way through my steak, I declined. Shortly after, terse manager delivers a new batch of chips. Seconds later he asks if they are better, not sure said I they're too hot to eat. these too were hard.

Terse manager clears my plate and asks whether everything was OK and I express disappointment at the hard chips and teuch steak - he's not happy and tells me he tried the first chips and that's how they're always done here.

He gives me my bill and tells me to go to Reception when I'm ready.

£30 - big disappointment.

Please ignore comments about the rooms as all the staff knew I wasn't resident

1 Thank Steve R