“Brilliant!”
Review of Brentham House

Brentham House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lerwick
Brentham House
Ranked #11 of 12 Lerwick B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed in the suite which was brilliant! Well stocked fridge awaited us in the kitchen of this lovely large and airy apartment. With separate lounge/diner and the bedroom was spacious with king size beds, you felt very spoiled! Great location and you can see the harbour from the windows. Would love to go back again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shetlandwomble
There are newer reviews for Brentham House

Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We were lucky enough to stay in the suite for 2 nights. Great location near to 'the street" but far enough away to miss the noise. (Although we were aware of "the beat" from the night club which is situated below on one night.) Old features in this lovely quirky old building but modern too with a superb fitted kitchen and huge comfy beds (2 king size). Everything you could need! We loved it and look forward to our next visit!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I would agree with all the previous positive reviews about the rooms at Brentham House but it is not a hotel but an excellent quality room with a breakfast snack in the fridge. Although an quality room with views over the harbour I felt that it was an apartment and, without any staff on the premises, lacked any personal service. Brentham House has 3 bedrooms & 1 suite. The bedrooms are on the 3rd floor and would be a problem for anyone with a physical disability as the stairs a quite steep. Would I stay here again - yes I would.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Cagey_64
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed here for Up Helly Aa & were thoroughly impressed with the property. We stayed in room 3, which was well sized, including the biggest bathroom you've ever seen! Much better accommodation than some hotels I've stayed in. The fridge was stocked with cereal, milk, cereal bars, orange juice & oatcakes! The housekeeper was a lovely woman & stocked up the fridge for 2 days as she knew we would be sleeping in the day after Up Helly Aa. Only complaint is that it was slightly too warm at night but would definitely stay here again if back in Shetland!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank glowworm27
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We arrived as planned, no hiccups with getting the Key and I have to say it was the lap of luxury in the apartment. Parking is outside on the Road so very easy to get your luggage in, and its ideally located for Ferry over the Bressay, to shop in the Town of Lerwick, and the views are lovely. Would recommend this to anyone looking to stay in the Centre of Lerwick. Just wish there was a cafe for a full breakfast nearby, but the continental breakfast was OK.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Brentham house is slightly unusual in that it is a like a holiday apartment rental that doesn't require a whole week to be rented, which is good.

Keys are collected by the restaurant on the corner of the road, the lady at the bar who passed me the key over was really friendly and helpful. There is parking right across the road from the building. There are one or two flights of stairs to climb, depending on your room location, nice wide stairs, so no problems.

The rooms was very well finished, with many of the comforts one would expect. Also I was impressed by the breakfast and snacks in the mini fridge. I had cheese, biscuits, yoghurt, cereal bar, choice of four cereals, milk, water and orange. I certainly couldn't fault the selection.

The free wifi was good, and I had no complains about the housekeeping, I even had a good chat with the lady on my way out. The fridge contents were replaced and room tidied, I only stayed two nights.

It was a short walk into Lerwick, 5-10 mins maximum at a slow walk.

I'd certainly stop here again, it was a little on on the expensive side, but I didn't have much choice in terms of accommodation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank matt_from_nottingham
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stayed for 5 nights at the Brentham house. I booked the Bressay suite and may i say the apartment was fabulous. It has a large fully fitted kitchen with all the utensils that you could possibly need. The lounge/diner has a nice comfy leather 3 piece suite, large flat screen TV and a four seater dining table. The bedroom is fitted with 2 comfortable double beds and a bathroom with a power shower (no bath)

It is right on the edge of the main shopping high street and round the corner from the bus station (bus costs £3 from the airport) and opposite the Bressay ferry port which you overlook from the apartment.

The only comments i will make about the property is that all accommodation is only accessible via the stairs, so maybe not suitable for people with mobility problems. Also there is only one bedroom in the bressay suite with the 2 double beds and it looks like a partition wall may have been removed at some point, because its huge, about 25 to 30 foot long.

I certainly recommend this place and thank you to all the people involved for creating such a nice place to stay, a lot of organisations can certainly take note

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business