“Good central apartment style accommodation”
Review of Brentham House

Brentham House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lerwick
Brentham House
Ranked #10 of 12 Lerwick B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Brentham house is slightly unusual in that it is a like a holiday apartment rental that doesn't require a whole week to be rented, which is good.

Keys are collected by the restaurant on the corner of the road, the lady at the bar who passed me the key over was really friendly and helpful. There is parking right across the road from the building. There are one or two flights of stairs to climb, depending on your room location, nice wide stairs, so no problems.

The rooms was very well finished, with many of the comforts one would expect. Also I was impressed by the breakfast and snacks in the mini fridge. I had cheese, biscuits, yoghurt, cereal bar, choice of four cereals, milk, water and orange. I certainly couldn't fault the selection.

The free wifi was good, and I had no complains about the housekeeping, I even had a good chat with the lady on my way out. The fridge contents were replaced and room tidied, I only stayed two nights.

It was a short walk into Lerwick, 5-10 mins maximum at a slow walk.

I'd certainly stop here again, it was a little on on the expensive side, but I didn't have much choice in terms of accommodation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank matt_from_nottingham

Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stayed for 5 nights at the Brentham house. I booked the Bressay suite and may i say the apartment was fabulous. It has a large fully fitted kitchen with all the utensils that you could possibly need. The lounge/diner has a nice comfy leather 3 piece suite, large flat screen TV and a four seater dining table. The bedroom is fitted with 2 comfortable double beds and a bathroom with a power shower (no bath)

It is right on the edge of the main shopping high street and round the corner from the bus station (bus costs £3 from the airport) and opposite the Bressay ferry port which you overlook from the apartment.

The only comments i will make about the property is that all accommodation is only accessible via the stairs, so maybe not suitable for people with mobility problems. Also there is only one bedroom in the bressay suite with the 2 double beds and it looks like a partition wall may have been removed at some point, because its huge, about 25 to 30 foot long.

I certainly recommend this place and thank you to all the people involved for creating such a nice place to stay, a lot of organisations can certainly take note

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank atcook
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Good quality accommodation and 'thought through'.

Nicely appointed, huge bathroom with free standing bath (although bath taps leaked when on full over the floor) and fast WiFi. Can park outside overnight and good view of the harbour.

Breakfast underwhelming but as described but this was the only niggle.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 30, 2011

My husband and I spend the last night of our honeymoon to Shetlands staying in Brentham house which was excellent value at £75 for the night. After a week staying in a hostel and walking everyday, we thought we were in heaven after checking into Brentham. The room was gorgeous with great views of Lerwick harbour, location between the bus station and town and to top it all a gorgeous bathroom with a role top bath in the centre and his and hers sinks. The bed was the even more comfortable than our own at home. A lovely and luxurious end to our stay in Shetland.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ruth D
Reviewed June 18, 2011

I found the room (room 2 - up a lot of stairs) to be spacious and clean, though I'm not a fan of continental breakfasts. I'd point out I did know about this arrangement beforehand. Decent location for Town Centre. You can get parked right outside on steep street if you appear after about 6-30pm, otherwise there is free car parks at the top of the hill. A better place for a couple than a solo traveller.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stayed in Room 3 on 2nd floor. The room was cleaned but the carpet and chair were marked and didn't give the feeling of clean. Breakfast is left in the fridge, so not that satisfactory for the price. The bathroom was massive and the saving grace. We stayed at other B&B's on the islands and this was the least favoured. I'd try somewhere different.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PinnerSylv
Reviewed June 4, 2010

Nice sized property near harbour. No reception - keys are picked up from nearby restaurant. Parking is on street only. Continental breakfast items replenished daily. Bathroom dated and housekeeping needs to improve. We stayed in bressay suite which had separate kitchen - worktops etc wiped but not cleaned and sheets on beds could be better.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family