“Choice Cusine”

Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Nepali
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Food served with by authentic Waiter. Great menu and tasty food.Would recommend you book( particularily at the weekends), handy for town with ample parking nearby.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We ordered 3 different curries from this restaurant and each one had virtually no indian flavour to them-there wasn't enough salt either!
We had paid almost £30 for 1 nan bread and 2 steamed rice - those were the only things we could eat.
I telephoned the restaurant and to be fair to them, I got an apology and was told to come in and get a free meal whenever I wanted. The reason for the food being bland was that the usual chef was on holiday.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

It was my uncle's birthday and we were all invited to this restaurant which has been a personal favourite for me. The curries were divine and the staff are very patient and kind. After our meal, we were offered coffee and enjoyed our night.

1  Thank Sarah H
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

The quality of food is excellent; it's the best indian in Shetland. The portion size is also adiquate. The service is fine and the atmosphere is equal to that. The prices aren't cheap but they're not expensive either. Overall, I would recommend the Gurkha Kitchen to anyone that enjoys that genre of food.

1  Thank xWackix
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Same as ever, the lack of decent restaurants in Shetland is an ongoing problem. This is not a traditional indian curry house rather a Nepalise version and thereby hangs the big problem. I cannot cook Nepalise and they cannot cook Indian, period. Friendly staff though but never impressed with the food.