“Top Class Hotel - Worthy of another visit!”
Review of Lynnfield Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kirkwall
Lynnfield Hotel
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Kirkwall
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Top Class Hotel - Worthy of another visit!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I recently spent 2 nights at this fantastic hotel whilst in Kirkwall on Business in March 2013.

My room was of great size with very comfortable bed & furniture. The bathroom was spacious with a great bathtub & separate shower and good quality toiletries. The Bathrobe & Slippers are a nice touch also. My room was at the rear therefore had no view however as I was on Business and it was winter I wasn't in my room during the day so a view wasn't important to me.

The food....where do I start? I could not have asked for a higher quality of food! The standard was excellent. Every meal/course was delicious. I had breakfast, lunch & dinner 2 days and each meal was lovely and well presented.

The guests lounge was very welcoming and comfortable by the log fire. If you like Whiskey then you should stay here! Their selection is AMAZING with one room holding over 250 bottles!

Lynnfield hotel is about twenty minute walk to the centre of the town but is at the top of a hill so be ready for the walk if you don't have a car.

The staff were very helpful and accommodated me on everything I asked.

The only issue I had with the Hotel was the slow & temperamental WIFI which caused a little frustration for me trying to work in the evenings.

Overall a great hotel that I'd recommend without a hesitation and hope to return for another visit.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We recently spent a weekend at this beautiful traditional hotel. Our room was of a very good size with a large comfortable bed and beautiful antique furniture. The bathroom was spacious with a great bathtub and good quality toiletries. A decent hairdryer was also provided, which was much appreciated. The guests lounge was very welcoming and comfortable, we especially enjoyed our evenings by the log fire drinking red wine and chatting with the owner or his helpful attentive staff.

The food was excellent. Each and every meal/course was delicious and as we had breakfast and dinner included in our room rate, a very good value for money.

Lynnfield hotel is about twenty minute walk to the centre of the town, which was fine for us as we enjoy walking. Next time however, we might come in the summer, when the weather should be a little warmer and less wet, to explore the other islands as Kirkwall and Lynnfield seem to be the perfect base for doing just that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We visited here for lunch on December 31st before taking the tour of Highland Park. This hotel/ restraunt is most nearest from the distillery(5 min walk which also means quite far from the centre of Kirkwall. You'll need a car to get here)

From the restraunt you can see the panorama view of Kirkwall and since the weather changes dramatically, like rain→sunshine→rain→ a rainbow, it is so beutiful! I personally think that this place is the best location to view Kirkwall.
(Forgive me for no photos!)

The foods from local products is of course wonderful, therefore you can really enjoy Orkney here.

For whisky lovers, there are really impressive collections of Highland Parks original bottling.

Note: I couldn't taste them since we were going to take the tour unfortunately, we could not stay here since they were on festive seasons

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank kuraku3826
Houston
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed 2 nights in November. Rooms were quite large and very well appointed. Food was wonderful. The staff was very hospitable. They have a lovely room with a fireplace where you can read and enjoy a drink etc.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank rwoehst
Colchester
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had a dinner party on the 18th November at this delightful hotel. We had a wonderful time, the food was exquisite, the bar most memorable with so many choices of whiskies, brandies and liqueurs and a good variety of beers. The lounge so very comfortable and intimate, and the service was spot on.

We shall return and cannot recommend this lovely hotel highly enough. Excellent.

Bob and Christina King Yexley

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ChristinaYColchester
Linlithgow, Scotland
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I stayed for one night ,on business. The hotel's decor is a tad too traditional for my personal taste - particularly in the public areas - but it is clearly a 4-star, and widely recognised as the best on the island.

My bedroom had a four-poster bed and lots of antiques, but also all the facilties you would expect, and more. My bathroom was luxurious, by any standard. The bed was very comfortable. I enjoyed my stay and would be very happy to return.

The hotel is in a great location. A brisk 10 minute walk to or from the centre of Kirkwall, and 1 minute away from the Highland Park distillery.

I would have classed the hotel as excellent, but for one shortcoming: no hot water for my 6am shower.

Finally, I should stress that this hotel provides great value, with 4-star B&B at less than £100.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank JKB59
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights in Nov, we had two rooms, one was the Bu which has a separate sitting room. Both rooms were large with excellent decoration and furniture, the bathrooms were also large with jacuzzi baths. Every detail in the room was of a high standard and everything very fresh and clean. We ate in the hotel one night and the standard was very good and breakfast was excellent. There are two open fires burning logs in the bar and the sitting room and the whole place just makes you feel at home and very comfortable.
It is hard to put in words how much we enjoyed the hotel and Orkney, hopefully we will be back, we just could not fault the place

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank John W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkwall
The Ayre Hotel
#8 of 9 in Kirkwall
Albert Hotel
Albert Hotel
#7 of 9 in Kirkwall

Been to Lynnfield Hotel? Share your experiences!