“a good selection of food and drink”

Trenabies Cafe Bistro
Ranked #11 of 37 Restaurants in Kirkwall
Cuisines: British
“a good selection of food and drink”
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

a good selection of food and drink. perhaps only place you can find chai tea in orkney (might be wrong as i have not gone all the cafes in orkney but certainly other cafes i went didnt have it). having to ask for a key for toilet was a bit awkward.

2 Thank celiy19

Kirkwall, Orkney
“Great place for coffee & cake”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I'm a local Orcadian and this great place is where I go for great coffee and fantastic cake - especially the chocolate cake which is really great. Often really busy and always great service. A big range of teas/coffees and a great varied lunch menu. a great place to eat and relax.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Ksaber01
Argyll and Bute, United Kingdom
“Good for lunch”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Visited Trenabies during a very busy lunchtime, service was prompt, pleasant and polite. Food was well presented and very tasty, coffee and tea from an almost overwhelming choice was also of good quality. Will definately visit again!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank LynnC220
kirkwall
“Terrible Service”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I took my wife for a coffee in trenabies. After the girl behind the counter had finished talking on the phone I had to ask for a key to the toilet. I am 6ft 7 and disabled after climbing a steep step of stairs I entered what I can only describe as a cupboard under a stair, I banged my head on the ceiling and had to twist myself to use the toilet causeing a lot of pain. I went down the stairs and commented to the lady behind the counter about the condition of the toilet to be met with a blank stare not even an appology. I sat down to drink my latte which was so hot the milk was burnt no froth and undrinkable. I asked to speak to the manager after the lady made another social phone call only to discover she was the owner. Her reply was " Ididnt put the toilets there and still no appology. So I got up and left the premises and my undrinkable coffee. I wil NEVER go there again and would advise anyone to avoid these premises as the service was appauling and the coffee undrinkable. Absolutly discraceful and I am not the sort of person to complain but the service and coffee were so bad I had to complain. I will be taking the matter further if possible and making a complaint in writing. If you are disabled or able bodied I would advise you to avoid this place like the plague discraceful doesnt even begin to describe this place. Perhaps if the owner concerntrated more on the customers instead of making social calls on her mobile it may help but I doubt it. N Baker

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Ni B
Kirkwall, United Kingdom
“One of the best in Orkney”
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

As an Orcadian I have used Trenabies on many occasions and have never faulted their service and food. A wonderful cafe to relax in with their excellent Fair Trade coffee.

4 Thank selkiesave