“Decent hotel”

Dining options: Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Decent hotel”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a long weekend. My 2nd floor room was spotlessly clean, spacious and comfortable, with a view over the harbour. The staff were, without exception, pleasant and welcoming. The location of the hotel is excellent, just a short walk from the heart of Kirkwall.

2 Thank Bella B

Norman
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We found the food at this hotel to be excellent. There were many choices, including an evening special roast and soup. We had starters, which everyone in the group enjoyed, and then, over several nights, the salmon dinner, steaks, mixed vegetable dish and great desserts. Everything was fresh, well served and plentiful. Additional vegetables were served in separate dishes. The bar seemed to be well stocked with wine, beer and other drinks. All in all a very satisfactory place to eat.

3 Thank Mary Jane S
swindon
“Ok good food but boring atmosphere”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went here last week , staying with family in Orkney as we do every year.
We were intending to go to a different place but football was on there and it was far to busy and no tables.
We got to the ayre and it was very quiet and more the older generation there was zero atmosphere I felt I had to be silent the whole time just was abit awkward but maybe that's just my issue.
The service was pretty good, fast and friendly so that was good.
Food was good but not a massive choice and not much I particularly wanted but again that's my problem , I had haddock and chips and the fish was lovely , my husband had steak and ale pie I tried some and it really was very good would recommend I wish I had chosen that.

I can see why people like this place but it just wasn't for me

• Visited August 2013
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Ayrey Good”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

On the seafront. Our room was comfortable and we could watch the ferries come and go.

The hotel is family run and they make you feel part of the family Unlike big name hotels they take the time to talk to you and ask what you've done that day.

There is a reasonably varied menu with plenty of fish and a very sweet local cheesecake. Wines are reasonably priced and breakfast is very good'

This is somewhere I would strongly recommend to anyone visiting Orkney

4 Thank Alan186364
Orkney
“Wonderful service & favourite dining place”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We always very much enjoy dining here and the 1st choice when our family come home.

Lots of excellent choices on the menus.
Truly a great restaurant.

• Visited July 2013