Hildeval Bed & Breakfast
St. Ola Hotel(Kirkwall)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgerry and shirleyb bone nightsingle roomminute walk to townfirst floorexcellent showerhappily stay againfirst classfeel very welcomethe ground floorlounge areastayed here for nightsthoroughly enjoyed our staymodern bathroomrooms are largelovely hosts
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Well what can I say! Shirley and Gerry are the most hospitable owners who make you feel right at home from the minute you walk through the door. The room was clean, large with the best bed I think i've ever slept in. The bathroom was also large and spoltless as well. Breakfast was amazing with lots of choice and expertly cooked. The breakfast room is up the stairs allowing you to look out over Kirkwall and out to the bay thanks to a huge window that takes up the length of the wall. This was stunning especially with the snow added in! All in all a fantastic trip and I will be returning in the near future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed for three nights in April. Shirley and Gerry made us feel most welcome and could not have been more helpful in ensuring our time in Orkney was great. Their B&b is modern, immaculate, and spacious. The beds were very comfortable, and we woke to lovely breakfasts, beautifully served every morning. Highest recommendation!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Goodluc1
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed there in the Easter break fro one night. Gerry & Shirley were very welcoming! Lovely breakfast and amazing view from the breakfast room. We could keep our bikes there too. Zara is a very friendly dog too!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2013

A lovely guest house and the most hospitable owners ever. Lovely breakfasts, big choice, including proper porridge and kipper served on nice crockery with cotton serviettes. The breakfast room is part of a large lounge with comfortable chairs/settee from which to look out on the sea from a large window. Nice room with comfortable bed and ensuite shower. I am going again in June. Kirkwall is also a lovely town and Orcadians are very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Christine S
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was staying in Kirkwall for 3 nights on business. This B&B was fab. Shirley and Gerry naturally make you feel at home. Breakfast was lovely, great choice which you select the night before from a list. I had porridge a couple of days which was made to perfection as were the poached eggs. The room I had was number 3, it's an extension on the back and is like a small self contained unit. It contained a single bed, flat screen TV, desk & chair, bathroom and small kitchen. It felt very spacious and I had my own front door which you accessed from going through the house and out the back. Rooms have their own heating so you can control it. My room with the kitchen had a microwave and cooker should you need it. The B&B was a 10 min easy walk to the town centre. We were training at the Kirkwall Hotel, so decided to eat in Skippers, its bar/lounge. First class meals at Skippers. Kirkwall is gorgeous, peaceful and welcoming and when I go back I will not be staying anywhere other than the Hildeval B&B.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business