“Kirkwall Meals”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Elgin, United Kingdom
“Kirkwall Meals”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Steak Pie was good, as was the service. Reasonable Pub Grub. (We were in the lounge not the restaurant)

Visited September 2013
2 Thank David M

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good food whilst waiting for the ferry”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I popped in here as I had a few hours to kill waiting for the ferry. I had a meal and a beer (Scapa from Orkney Brewery). The service was good and attentive. The food was fine, straight-forward and well done. I think I ordered from the bar menu as I was in the lounge.
The staff let me sit in the lounge for a while longer than usual I think - they were going to set up for breakfast, but let me stay in while I waited for the ferry bus, which was kind.

Worth a look if you're in Kirkwall.

• Visited September 2013
Goodyear, Arizona
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Quietly and simply elegant dining room with very good food. We reserved ahead based on the recommendation of our B&B host and were very happy with all elements of The Shore. Three of us had soup, salad and chicken, duck and cod and all were excellent, well prepared and beautifully presented. Nice selection of wines. Quiet background music. Service was attentive without being intrusive. We would be happy to revisit The Shore Restaurant on returning to Ornkey.

• Visited August 2013
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, service a little slow”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Popped in for a quick lunch enroute to airport after coming off ferry. Pleasant and very friendly service, very clean and warm bar restaurant. Food was OK but took a little while coming.

• Visited September 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Do not miss this one!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We booked it well in advance, as there were our 12 Norwegian friends and us. The food, especially the seafood, and the wine were excellent and reasonably priced. The staff were efficient and friendly. We had been before and knew what to expect. Excellence!

There is also a nice pub.

Go there and enjoy it.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank GeorgeSinclair
Karen C, General Manager at The Shore Restaurant, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Many thanks for your great review. We are glad that your group enjoyed their meal with us.