“Friendly staff, service a little slow”

The Shore Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 39 Restaurants in Kirkwall
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Stirling, United Kingdom
“Friendly staff, service a little slow”
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Popped in for a quick lunch enroute to airport after coming off ferry. Pleasant and very friendly service, very clean and warm bar restaurant. Food was OK but took a little while coming.

• Visited September 2013

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Do not miss this one!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We booked it well in advance, as there were our 12 Norwegian friends and us. The food, especially the seafood, and the wine were excellent and reasonably priced. The staff were efficient and friendly. We had been before and knew what to expect. Excellence!

There is also a nice pub.

Go there and enjoy it.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank GeorgeSinclair
Karen C, General Manager at The Shore Restaurant, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Many thanks for your great review. We are glad that your group enjoyed their meal with us.
Llanerfyl, United Kingdom
“A great dinner at The Shore”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We hadn't booked and just turned up asking if they could find us a table for 5 people. They jumped to it, asked if we'd mind having a beer in the bar while they got one sorted, then let us know once the table was ready.
We ordered from both the restaurant and bar menu, and all thoroughly enjoyed all three courses.
I was very impressed by the helpfulness of the staff, the quality of the food, and the value for money. If I could change one thing about The Shore, it would be to add another beer handpump to the one they have. I love real ale, but prefer a darker beer to the Scapa Special on offer. Only a comment though!
All in all, a great meal and a very nice out.

• Visited August 2013
Thank you for your kind words. We are glad that you had a good experience with us and that the staff looked after your group. We would like to add more Orkney Ales to our range too. At the moment we only have a small cellar. We are looking into how we can make it bigger. Watch this space!
Diggle, England, United Kingdom
“lunch ashore”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

It was early lunch the restaurant was closed so we were directed to the bar a light lunch was all that was required we both ordered Cullen skink which was OK my wife had crab cakes that were cremated and did not taste of crab I had a terrine that was dry and tasteless maybe we caught them on a bad day but all in all not a good choice although the young barman was a pleasant lad the bar was dark and dismal and no atmosphere

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Fred H
Saskatoon, Canada
“Meh...”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

First off I will say that my partner enjoyed his beef burger, no qualms there....but I had ordered the Cajun chicken burger. The burger consisted of 3 of the smallest, driest hunks of chicken I think I've ever come across and I still have no idea where the Cajun went but it was no where near my plate. Service was good and the staff friendly so the experience wasn't horrible, just my chicken.

• Visited July 2013