“Love it and struggle to fault.”

Belle Epoque Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 94 Restaurants in Knutsford
Cuisines: French, European, British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: For over forty years we have only bought the highest quality ingredients and produce from people we know and trust. We buy as much as we can from local farmers and small artisan producers. All our meat is raised and grazed in Cheshire, from certified farms and hung for a minimum of 21 days. We also grow our own organic garlic and herbs on site for use exclusively in our kitchens.
Manchester, UK
“Love it and struggle to fault.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

We had a great time in nov 2011, yes I know a while ago but read on... We paid for the private dining so we could take the children and it was great, we got over charged but as soon as I pointed this out we were refunded.
Ie also eaten here with partner a few times both lunch and an early dinner with the kids, aged 4 & 1 - this was our last visit in nov 12. Staff were pleasant, but not intrusive and food was great.
The decor is sumptuous and I'm saving up to get married there, come the day...

• Visited November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“high class food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

Came at the weekend and loved it. The food was of a very high quality, the service delightful. love the decor and lighting here. Always a treat. Definitly will keep on coming. Can't recommend enough.

• Visited January 2013
Manchester
“Decent food but service not slick enough”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

I was part of a large group that dined here as part of a function.

First impressions were good - lovely venue and tables set very well, with beautiful flowers.

To start, I was boring! Soup! It was fine.... Nothing special. However, the main thing I noticed was the slow service. There was a considerable wait from the 1st starter arriving until the last. Rather than serve 1 table at a time, they served 1 dish at a time. Therefore, all of starter 1 was sent out and then starter 2 .... This simply meant that every table was waiting to start. And food was getting cold!

For mains I had pork. This was lovely and the prunes complemented it perfectly. Bit stingy on the veg tho!

The dessert wasn't really to my liking. Chocolate tart with Turkish delight ice cream.

The service issue continued for all courses. I was also stuck right in a corner... So much so that the waiters had to pass my food to other guests...

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

I was looking forward to finally trying out belle époque - I was disappointed. It may be because we had the Christmas menu but we found the food to be distinctly average with a very dry turkey Christmas dinner and stale chocolate torte. On a positive note the starters were ok and the wine list isn't bad but the whole experience certainly wasn't as good as I had been expecting.

1 Thank Rsa2
Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Business Event”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I recently took 10 clients to a private dining evening at the belle Epoque. I've often wandered past the restaurant (i live a few miles away) and thought it looked really nice.

Suffice to say we had a really top night, good food, good wine, nice environment. Staff were friendly. Minor (and I mean minor) observation would be that at times there was a lack of "flow" to the service - difficult to explain but probably more to do with staff experience (?) rather than some sort of deep rooted issue. Possibly being upstairs and away from the hubbub of the main service team plays a part in this??? I do maintain this is a minor observation and would not prevent me from booking a meal here again. Indeed I intend to use this for personal dining in 2013!

Fully intend to return to the hotel at least once a quarter with clients. Also pleasantly surprised at the cost per head for a larger party of this nature (ie quite a bit of wine drunk) worked out at £60 per head

All of my clients were very complimentary on the evening and the restaurant played a major part in this success.

• Visited November 2012