$153
$206
$200
Longview Hotel(Knutsford)
$97
Laburnum Cottage Guest House(Knutsford)(Great Value!)
$101
Travelodge Knutsford M6(Knutsford)(Great Value!)
$79
Travelodge
Premier Inn Knutsford (Mere) Hotel(Knutsford)(Great Value!)
$82
PremierInn.com
$72
PremierInn.com
Ibis Budget Knutsford Tabley(Knutsford)(Great Value!)
$79
TripAdvisor
The Cross Keys(Knutsford)
All reviewsthe pubscotch eggsunday lunchfish finger sandwichtimothy tayloryorkshire puddog friendly pubfantastic pubpiekippersselection of beersroast beefworth the waitclub sandwichpeasmain coursefull english
Reviewed November 30, 2016 via mobile

The Dog Inn has it all. Lovely accomodation, great food, ambience but most of all the most engaging staff of any pub we've visited. We walked through the door & three staff members greeted us on the way to the bar to check in. Our waiter for dinner (Max) was excellent as was our Breakfast Manager Loz. Nothing was too much trouble for any member of staff we encountered. The signage around the pub confirms the culture that exists within this pub. They openly value residents & non residents. If you're visiting the Manchester area stay at the Dog Inn & get the train into Manchester.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 30, 2016

A lovely little country pub with a good restaurant and bar. The staff were very helpful, the room bigger than expected and very clean and comfortable (very quiet at night) and not too far from Manchester airport.

• Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 30, 2016

The staff were wonderfully friendly and helpful. Our dinner was lovely and breakfast was delicious served by Warren (?) in front of the open fire. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, even when we discovered that we had left our jackets in the room. They packaged them up and we organised a courier to pick them up tomorrow.
Our room was over the kitchen which isn't ideal if you are a light sleeper as you can hear the extractor fan. Didn't disturb my husband who is a heavy sleeper. The shower has very poor pressure, so you'd be better having a bath using the bath salts that are provided.
We'd happily stay there again, although would make sure it was a different room.

Room Tip: Room 6 is above the kitchen so you can hear the extractor fan
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2016

I am sorry to give this an average rating as The Dog is perfect in so many ways, location, restaurant and friendly staff but the beds are uncomfortable standard doubles - too small for my husband and I to sleep comfortably - even staying a second time in a different room on my own the bed springs literally caught my bones. The small room absolutely fine for a short stay and the larger one I stayed in positively spacious for and would be lovely for a longer stay. The bathrooms however are poor, gloomy, outdated and showers very weak. So I vowed never to stay there again when I got up, but my stay was once again redeemed by the most delicious breakfast next to a warm fire on a frosty morning and 5 minutes from my morning meeting. If the rooms matched the quality of decor and comfort of downstairs this place would be absolutely perfect. It's good value though and if you will sleep anywhere then the beds might not bother you.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank 2016mcw
Reviewed November 1, 2016

The room was adequate for one night, but too small for a longer stay, but it is a country pub, not a large hotel. Beds where too hard. Can't fault the staff, they were very welcoming, friendly and helpful. Breakfast was ok, but I've never had streaky bacon anywhere else, obviously it was fatty and it was quite chewy.

Room Tip: Not suitable if you can't climb stairs!
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple