“Total value for money”

The Dog Over Peover
Ranked #4 of 14 Knutsford B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Beautiful country pub that I have eaten in a few times and now stayed twice. On both occassions the staff have been fantastic and extremely welcoming. The room I had was spacious (Room 1), clean and I enjoyed some luxury extras with Teapig teas, Lake District toiletties. The food in the evening and the breakfast were amazing and even though I was staying alone I felt at ease. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys a stay away in the country, roaring fires, good food, wine and company. Well Done all at The Dog.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Dawn R

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My friend was asked to leave by some horrifically rude waitress because she was feeding her 4 month old son absolutely disgusting she was told she wasn't allowed to feed her baby in the pub! I cant believe

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank rebsar7
Reviewed February 26, 2014

This lovely country pub really is a jewel! I have been to a number of places in this area for a drive out but this one stands out from all the rest. We stopped here one Sunday for lunch and ended up staying till late into the evening. The food was utterly fabulous with very generous portions. I had the small Sunday lunch and boy am I glad as this was beyond generous. The staff were so friendly. We were treated like one of the locals which was lovely. It was child friendly and pet friendly. I can't wait for a summers day to come back and sit outside and watch the world go by. I am so pleased I came here and will be back very soon. Thank you to all the staff who made us feel so welcome.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank diane b
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We were treated as VIPs from the moment we entered the hotel. What can I say, the food was fabulous the large rooms were spotless and well kept, bed lovely and comfortable. I would say that the stars of the show were the staff, they were cheerful, efficient and seemed truly pleased to be working there. Also the Inn is a real ale venue...The only down side was my own fault. I thought the hotel was in the middle of Knutsford where in reality it is in the middle of the lovely village of Over Peover 15 miles from Knutsford, a lucky mistake

Room Tip: Only stayed the one night; stay longer the area is beautiful for walking/cyclingor just a peaceful r...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The Dog was Recommended to us and what a great shout! Everything was of excellent standard, ambiance, service, food (try the slow roasted lamb shank and you won't be disappointed). Definitely going on the list for a return visit.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Had our silver wedding celebration with 12 family members on saturday 15th Feb.
Food was excellent ,staff were very friendly and excellent service , would highly
recommend, this was third meal here and all were of similar standard.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We have eaten here many times now and every time the service and food have been excellent! There is something for everyone on the menu and the range of local beers and drinks is great we would highly recommend this place to everyone.

• Stayed: December 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
Cottons Hotel & Spa
The Mere Golf Resort and Spa
Pickmere Country House
Pickmere Country House
#3 of 14 in Knutsford

Been to The Dog Over Peover? Share your experiences!