“American Car Show”

Book In Advance
More Info
$14.53*
and up
Tatton Park Entry Ticket Including Mansion...
Ranked #3 of 11 things to do in Knutsford
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Located in 1,000 acres of beautiful deer park, the former Egerton family home is open for you to explore. You're welcome to uncover centuries of history at the Medieval Old Hall and witness life above and below stairs in the Mansion. Wander at leisure through 50 acres of award-winning Gardens and take the family to meet very special rare breed animals at our working Farm. You'll love stopping off in the Stableyard where you can sit back, eat, drink, browse and buy. With over 100 events a year it's the perfect day out! For nearly 400 years the estate was the property of the Egerton family until it was bequeathed to the National Trust in 1958. Today it is financed and maintained by Cheshire East Council.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Very good, but we thought the £5 entrance to the park was to the car show....how back of the door are we!
Fab cars....lovely to see.....

1  Thank Annka78
Write a ReviewReviews (2,323)
All reviews
in 23 reviews
"play area"
in 58 reviews

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We've just come back from taking the children aged 4yrs and 2.5yrs to Tatton Park, we only visited the park and didn't go in the house, gardens or farm as these were extra. Its £5 to park which I think is par the course for most National Trust places these days. The childrens play park is fantastic, so many different swings, slides, climbing frames, zip wires etc. There are plenty of picnic benches and shaded areas as well as areas in the sun to sit. We didn't visit the house or gardens but did treat ourselves to an ice cream which were very reasonably priced. Everywhere seemed well maintained and clean. Lovely day out and will certainly go back.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

They had a Beatrix Potter theme going on in the house and this continued through to the gardens, showing off a variety of Potters creations, so that helped to keep the children amused, the house is well worth a visit, beautifully set out, as are the gardens, the food seemed quite reasonably priced for an attraction of this sort, I have certainly paid more at other N.T properties, as another reviewer has pointed out it did seem to close early for a summer attraction, also though it was explained to me why I had to pay £5 to park, even though I am a N.T member, I still sort of resented it ( but maybe thats because I like to hold on to my cash). I will go again it's definitely worth a return visit.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Visit got off to an interesting start - we saw a six foot rabbit....and I hadn't had a drink. It was, of course, Peter Rabbit. This was part of the Beatrix Potter theme running through the house and gardens. The rooms were light and attractive. All rooms were well presented. Below stairs was particularly interesting with an absolutely enormous kitchen and a myriad of store rooms. It provided a good impression of life from both sides in the heyday of this magnificent house.
The gardens are beautiful, expansive, and varied. The Gardeners Cottage was a welcome respite for tea and scones. The only criticism we had was that, on an incredibly hot Summers day, the shops, gardens, and restaurants closed at 5 [house closed at 4].....just a little too early methinks as a lot of people were still there.
Bonus content - on the day we visited there was an American Car show in the grounds which we had a wander round before leaving....tired but happy.