“Excellent food however not so good service !!”
Review of Old Sessions House

Old Sessions House
Ranked #33 of 97 Restaurants in Knutsford
Cuisines: British, Gastropub, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Old Sessions House summons you to come and be judicious! The second arrival into the New Moon Pub family set in the heart of the bustling market town of Knutsford embodies all the ideals that we hold dear. Fresh cooking and wines of distinction in home away from home surroundings. newmoonpub co uk
Dukinfield, United Kingdom
“Excellent food however not so good service !!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had seen the offer in Trip Advisor and thought before we bought a voucher we would go for Saturday lunch - we did not book and called on speck - this was not a problem as there were a number of free tables. We were quickly seated and were asked for our drink order. These came quite quickly however, 30 minutes later and our food order had still not been taken and we had now finished our drinks and needed to order another. When we did order there was no apology for the wait. Both myself and my wife ordered the pie and peas the wife had cheese and I had steak)- when these came I must say that it was very clear they were home-made and they tasted delicious, probably one of the best pies that we have both had. Whilst the tables started to fill up, it was clear that there were not enough staff to look after the customers. We paid the bill and commented to the server that he appeared busy, we asked if there were servers in the evenings however, were shocked when he said No. What a shame, they obviously have it right with the food but before I return they also need to get it right with the service.

Altrincham, United Kingdom
“Ideal pub night out”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

My friend and I bought a Travelzoo voucher for a meal for two, we were able to choose a platter to share a main course each and a glass of prosecco or flight of ales. We enjoyed all our food and will return to try the other platters, they all sounded good.
The staff were friendly and helpful, the decor was relaxing but not bland, a very enjoyable evening, look forward to visiting again.

Manchester
“Fantastic!!”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Visited the Old Sessions, again... had amazing meal, again... fantastic service, again... had a fabulous time, again!

I'm unsure of the authenticity of some of the reviews here but I know of my own and I really enjoy visiting this place. The food is outstanding and reasonably priced. The drinks - range and price - are competitive for the area and the location is perfect.

Love it - and will not be dismayed by any reviews trying to suggest to me otherwise - I've experienced it for myself and will continue to do so!

• Visited March 2013
Douglas, United Kingdom
“How to ruin a family birthday meal..”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We booked our table here for a Tuesday night to celebrate my younger brother's 18th birthday as a family. Our waitress was absolutely lovely and as helpful as she could be given the problems we had, it's a shame the same cannot be said for the managerial staff.

We arrived at seven, and despite booking in advance, the table was not set for us. It then became apparent that Tuesday was a 'Bring Your Own Bottle Of Wine' night, and hence the restaurant got very busy, and was unprepared.We had to wait a long time for our (over priced) starters, which were very nice to be fair. Then began another long wait for our main course. At about quarter past eight, my Dad mentioned to the head of house waiter how we were getting increasingly unhappy at now having waited an hour and a quarter for our food (all of us very hungry by this point!), and he refferred us to the actual manager, who was of absolutely no use what so ever, and when my Dad started to get irate, he scoffed at him.

Our food eventually arrived an hour and a half later, and by this point nobody was in the mood, and there was a tense atmosphere for my brother's birthday, due to bad organisation by the management! To add to this, my Dad's burger was burnt, and he refused to eat it.

Discussion at the end lead to a reduction in our bill, but it couldn't replace celebrating my brother's birthday as a family. Very, very disappointing, and we will certainly not be visiting again.

5 Thank Rhiannon29
Knutsford UK
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We met up with friends at the Old Session House over Easter. We were not sure what to expect both food quality and price wise, but we were pleasantly surprised. We sat at the back in a sunny atrium, which was another surprise as the restaurant looks a little gloomy from a casual glance.

The menu was varied with something for everyone. The pie and peas were really nice, and they serve locally sourced beers as well as the usual beverages. The deserts were also great, the baked egg custard was yum, I hadn't had that for years. Even though they were busy the service was pretty good.

Only thing for tall people to look out for is some of the beams are a little low, mind you head. Prices are not exactly bargain basement but fair value for money given the food quality.

• Visited March 2013