Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
Reviewed October 23, 2012

A wonderful hotel stayed in the Windsor suite, large room four poster bed and spotlessly clean with all the little extras even a decanter of sherry.
the bathroom was also impressive with a free standing cast iron bath.The evening meal was also excellent, would highly recommend.

Room Tip: upgrade to a suite for a bit more luxury
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
MereCourtHotel, General Manager at Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Thank you very much for a FANTASTIC review, we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I recently spent a mid week stay on a DBB deal with Travelzoo at this very pleasant country hotel. All pros and no cons - the staff were pleasant, helpful and professional, obviously a very happy team, the food is excellent and the rooms, whilst ours was not the largest, was clean and classically decorated. We initially thought that it was a little inconvenient that the car park is about 100 metres from the hotel reception but on reflection, as our room was at the front of the hotel, we weren't affected by any noise from vehicles coming and going. All in all we had a great 24 hours at Mere Court hotel and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone. Look forward to returning at some point.

1  Thank Lively4
MereCourtHotel, General Manager at Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a lovely review. I am really pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed on a Monday night as we wanted to be sure of a quiet stay ( it is popular with weddings at weekends ) and we were certainly not disappointed. We do usually choose hotel chains but this stay has converted us. With its luxury rooms in a grade 2 listed building and beautiful grounds added to great service and good food we had a wonderful stay in the Presidential suite. There was a suplement for this but it was well woth it both for the large four poster bed and huge well equipped room but more so for the amazing double jaccuzi bath. Although because of the listed status, the room had only single glazing in its many windows, the room was warm and cozy and there is no outside noise even though it overlooks the hotel frontage. The evening meal was of a high standard, chosen from a smallish menu and maybe a tad over priced for deserts, however served beautifully and was paticularly well presented. The breakfast the following morning was the same, with a large selection of the usual cold items to help yourself to but with a hot menu made to order, offering an unusually large choice from blueberry pancakes , eggs Benedict and smoked salmon and scrambled egg bagels. With its location in the countryside just outside of knutsford it is an area well worth visiting and we will certainly be back again and again as it has spoilt us for the bog standard rooms of other establishments.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the Presidential suite, you won't regret it.
2  Thank MerseysideMonty

Fantastic comments, thank you very much!!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Eloic Montagnier General - Manager

Reviewed October 19, 2012

My wife and I booked in to the hotel using a Travel Zoo voucher. What excellent value it was. On our arrival we were greeted by a very cheery young lady who gave us all the information we required to begin our most enjoyable stay. We had opted to pay an extra £20 for a 4 poster bedroom... what a good choice. Our room was very spacious.The bathroom very bright and spotlessly clean as was the whole room.Anice touch was the small decanter of sherry and a bottle of water, this in addition to the customary tea ,coffee tray. Dinner in the hotel's restaurant proved to be most enjoyable. The restaurant is very atmospheric. The service was typical of the hotel... excellent as was our food. A special mention at this point for all the staff who were very attentive, but never intrusive and always good humoured. We truly enjoyed our stay and happily recommend this hotel for a most pleasant break.

Room Tip: go for the 4 poster... just 20 pounds extra.
1  Thank Andrew D
MereCourtHotel, General Manager at Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

WOW!! thank you for the lovely review, I was really pleased to read that you found your stay "super!!"
come again soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I really would have to nit pick to find fault with the Mere Court, from arriving to leaving we enjoyed it all. Our room "Richmond" was lovely, very comfortable and clean with a roomy, spotless bathroom. The evening meal was delightful, my starter, corned beef hash cake with poached egg and home made brown sauce sounds like "greasy spoon cafe" style food but I was tempted and not disappointed. Very tasty and not at all stodgy. Followed this with Steak Rossini and then Bakewell tart, all washed down with a couple of glasses of reasonably priced house red. Heaven. All the staff we deal with, reception, bar, restaurant, breakfast room etc. were very pleasant and attentive - you know how annoying it can be trying to catch the waiters eye when you want something, not at the Mere Court though, excellent service. Older country house type hotels can be a bit tired and lacking TLC in my experience but the MC is kept in good repair, no stained carpets or badly chipped paintwork. The management and staff obviously care. I completed a questionnaire about our stay and the following day received at thank you email from the General Manager, little things mean a lot. I feel as though I should be reporting that our stay cost £200 but thanks to Travel Zoo and of course the MC, our stay, double bedroom, full English breakfast and 3 course evening meal was just £89 plus drinks. Well done and thanks, we'll be back,

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the front door so could have been noisy if there had been a function going on. Q...
2  Thank JGM1950

Thank you very much for a lovely review, I am glad to see that you enjoyed your time with us and do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2012

My Husband booked this as a surprise for my birthday, it was a DBB deal with Travelzoo. The Hotel is just lovely, we stayed in room 321 which is on the Lake side of the hotel it was a very large room and decorated nicely with a big bed and very clean bathroom. The food in the restaurant was delightful and they offered a good varied menu. All the staff were, pleasant, helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. We would definately stay again. Just a very small word of warning for any guests visiting the Hotel that aren't part of the bridel party, just ask for a room furthest away from the conservatory, and your'll sleep very soundly, in saying that the music is turned off by 11.30.

Room Tip: Good large room to ask for is 321 Lakeside
1  Thank lin s

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a lovely review, I was glad to read that you enjoy your stay us. The Team and I hope to welcome you back in the near future

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I booked this for my girlfriends birthday and needless to say we enjoyed it very much. The staff were helpful, polite and accommodating and I would recommend this place but with a slight air of caution. We arrived just as a wedding party were preparing for their festivities and it felt slightly uncomfortable having to walk past them all as there was only one door, we couldn't sneak by unnoticed.

The room was spotless and tidy, considering we booked is through travelzoo I was surprised by the standards (some places I have stayed have let standards slip because they know the guests aren't paying full price) as they were immaculate. The beds were made neatly and the bathroom was spotless; my girlfriend who is a clean-freak was in heaven. If i was to nitpick the jet-streams in the bath didn't work and my bedside light seemed to turn all the lights on in the room and my girlfriends only turned on her lamp. The jet-stream thing didn't bother us and if I was staying a long time I might have enquired about the lights but these are really non issues and did not detract us from a fabulous stay.

Our dinner was amazing, it was made up of small delicatessen dishes the chef had made and each one was tasty, he clearly is a master of his craft. Normally I can be hesitant over this as I am not used to finer dining experiences but I enjoyed every course and the staff were there when we needed them. The maitre'd was a gentleman and ensured our comfort and beverage needs were satisfied.

In conclusion I would recommend this to anyone but my air of caution would be if you are staying during a wedding. We were fortunate enough to be on the other side of the hotel and so the noise level was low, just a faint buzz in the background but there was no noise after midnight. I imagine rooms much closer to the function rooms might be noisier but check with the hotel first to see what they say. If you are in room numbers over 300 you should be ok for noise. But do not let this put you off, the staff were great, the food was fantastic and the experience was relaxing and enjoyable; just what we needed.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
MereCourtHotel, General Manager at Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Fantastic, thank you for taking the time to write a great review.
Regards

Eloic Montagnier - General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
Cottons Hotel & Spa
Premier Inn Knutsford (Bucklow Hill) Hotel
Ibis Budget Knutsford Tabley
Premier Inn Knutsford (Mere) Hotel
De Vere Cranage Estate

Been to Mere Court Hotel And Conference Centre? Share your experiences!