“Great Coffee, lovely surroundings.”
Review of Orange Coffee House - CLOSED

Orange Coffee House
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Cheshire
“Great Coffee, lovely surroundings.”
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I have been meaning to try the Orange Coffee house for some time and feeling a bit peckish popped in for breakfast (26/2).
I went in just as they opened and was greeted pleasantly by the owner, I ordered a coffee straight away which was served immediately, I had a regular cappuccino which was excellent. I then ordered breakfast which I was told would be slightly delayed as the chef was stuck in traffic (which was horrendous), much better than being made to wait without knowing. After only a short delay my breakfast arrived, I went a little bit off menu and had 2 rashers of back bacon, 2 poached eggs and 2 toast, everything was freshly prepared, the bacon fresh and tasty, the eggs slightly under poached for my liking but I didn't specify so worth taking note if you prefer them more solid than runny. Another excellent coffee rounded off a very enjoyable mini breakfast in very nice surroundings with pleasant and professional service from the owner. I noticed some mixed reviews prior to my visit but all in all I had a very good experience and will return.

I am a strong believer in supporting local business as opposed to global chains/brands, towns like Knutsford need these local businesses to retain character and originality, and this is certainly an original coffee shop with bags of character!

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Amazing service, food and atmosphere”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is a regular haunt of mine. I come here for business meetings and with friends. I have on many occasions been served by the owner who is always polite and extremely professional. She directs her staff professionally and with firm direction when necessary. As in any business the captain has to take control at all times and she does this subtly. Having just seen the negative posting I feel it my duty as a good customer to defend this lady. In my opinion why are these people eavesdropping on what was probably a private conversation between the boss and her staff. And to intimate the criticism was of any one in the shop and not a private conversation is ignorant. I am so angry by this cowardly post it makes me wonder if its simply vindictive and if its not then these nasty, nothing better to do, fools should wear super large headphones so they never hear anything they may misinterpret and get upset by. Simply put it's called 'being nosey.'

Knutsford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place and great host.”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

The caffe itself is one of the best in Cheshire. I come hear on a regular basis and find the staff and the owner very welcoming. If we have any issues they are always on hand to help. (With a smile) the previous comments are clearly very vindictive. When a business is busy staff need direction and discipline in order to function and produce good service.

Cheshire
“Nice staff, shame about the owner”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Coffee was great, food was good , staff were efficient, friendly and courteous, but the owner, oh dear what a miserable, surly and disagreeable lady.

I was sat by the table in the window with a friend. This is right next to till and front of house area where the staff congregate when not serving.

Everything was fine until the owner arrived onto the floor of the place and began to systematically "nit pick" at the waitresses constantly criticising everything they did, but made no attempt at discretion. I also overheard her make disparaging remarks about some of the customers.

It left me feeling that she really did not want to be there and that she was so unhappy she was taking it out on other people. This is such a shame as had it not been for the negatives I have highlighted I could see us making this a regular watering hole.

From reading other reviews it would seem that I am not alone in my experience, so in future I will avoid if she is on duty.

CheshireG

Visited January 2013
3 Thank CheshireG
Caffeorange, Manager at Orange Coffee House, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Well what a pair of grumpy old men...just because their condiments were not delivered to the table by a troupe of all singing all dancing all smiling can-can girls they complain - not at the time of course - but from behind the anonymity of their computers - typical. The owner of this coffee house has taken a risk in the middle of a recession to set up a venture which provides employment to many local people plus the added trade for local suppliers. Picky people like this can cause damage and distress to small independent businesses with their flippant comments - if you want the service from a bunch of teenagers found in chain coffee shops  that's your choice but when owners of small businesses are doing their very best and working more hours in a week than you have ever done in your lives then think before you comment. To come in on a very busy Saturday when staff are being directed and trained to deliver in the service industry and not expect to wait a few moments for your condiments to be delivered shows a degree of self regard and naivety that beggars belief. The fact you commented on your previous experiences as being positive shows the high level of staff training here.
This very same shop owner recently visited an elderly regular customer at her home with flowers when she was ill - very nasty indeed! Come in and discuss your problems face to face...no doubt you won't...in the meantime they are acquiring a golden couch and recruiting 12 vestal-virgins so they can deliver the salt and pepper to your table in the manner to which you presume appropriate.
Knutsford
“Offhand, and felt that as the customer I was an inconvenience”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

During the last couple of weeks I have visited this cafe a few times and have been very happy, however today this all changed.

The most worrying aspect of what I experienced was that I was served throughout by the owner, whereas all previous visits she has been absent and the excellent staff have always been in attendance.

From ordering my coffee through to paying the bill her manner and demeanour was appalling. Everything asked for was greeted by a response that suggested I was inconveniencing her. Even simple requests for basics like condiments with hot food was relegated to being unimportant and needed a delay of several minutes and a second request and a further delay before it bore fruit.

Such a shame, because apart from "her" I have found the place to be delightful. However given the abundance of great cafes and restaurants in Knutsford I shall generally avoid spending my money there in the future, instead spending it where I might be appreciated as a customer.

Gareth