“stay on 8th April 2014”

The Mere Golf Resort and Spa
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Knutsford
“stay on 8th April 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed for two nights on the Easter Getaway offer. Dinner was included at Browns on the first night. This hotel is lovely. Spa facilities amazing, a fantastic relaxing place. Standard room spotless and clean, bed sooooo comfortable. Bathroom lovely and modern.

We had dinner at Browns on the first night. Food was wonderful and the service first class throughout.

Breakfast was also included and there was plenty of choice and all very delicious and filling.

Spa was lovely. We had the Rasul Mud treatment for two. Spa team were lovely and very helpful.

Overall absolutely fantastic stay and will be returning!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for my birthday through secret escapes excellent hotel and spa which we used for the whole afternoon had an amazing massage with my husband in a dual room which was great would highly recommend ordered room service in the evening which was great and breakfast was lovely. Would highly recommend

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Traceyrymer
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

My friends held their wedding reception here and the venue and food were superb.
Our room was modern, a great size and immaculate.
The staff were efficient and polite.
I don't golf myself but the course viewable from the window made me wish I did as it was superb.
I would not hesitate to stay again, superb experience all round.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
lauren_yates, Guest Relations Manager at The Mere Golf Resort and Spa, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear LordEddardStark,

Thank you for posting a wonderful review following on from the recent wedding you attended.

I have to agree, the view of The Mere is simply breath taking and is the perfect back drop for any wedding photography.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for acknowledging our superb function room and all the hard working dedicated staff that work together to make the Bride and Grooms day one they will never forget.

So you’re not a golfer but looked at our course and wished you could be??? It’s never too late to start we have a stunning floating driving range or how about a lesson with our fabulous Senior PGA Professional?! Just a thought!!

Why not make the most of this summer, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards

Arzier, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

The danger of having a hotel connected with a golf club is that it picks up some of the pomp and snobbishness associated with high end courses. The Mere however carry's off the hotel excellently with the quality and attention of the staff 1st class. The rooms are contemporary and well equipped and the sleep quality top notch. As one might expect it's not the cheapest option available in the Airport/Knutsford area but if you are looking to treat yourself or just ensure you don't waste your money then The Mere is a good pick.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Just returned from a night away celebrating my birthday with my boyfriend and I can honestly say we didn't want to leave. The staff at the Hotel were all exceptional, nothing was too much trouble. Our room was spacious with a fantastic view of the Mere Lake and golf course, just perfect. The bathroom has some lovely aromatherapy associates toiletries and underfloor heating, what a treat! We had afternoon tea in Browns which was above expectations and a great experience as neither of us had ever had afternoon tea before. We both booked in for spa treatments and felt totally relaxed afterwards. Definitely recommend the Rose Hydrating Cocoon Body Treatment and Golfers Swing Massage. Breakfast was delicious, plenty to choose from, the sausages and bacon were very tasty. The indoor swimming pool was very welcoming as well as the hydrotherapy pool with sunken loungers and massage jets. Plenty of places to relax - The Hamam Room, Sauna, Salt Room, Steam Room and a Caldarium. The sun loungers were heated which was a nice surprise. All in all we had an amazing stay and are saving up to visit again.

Room Tip: Room 216 had great view of Mere Lake and golf course.
1 Thank karen P
Dear Karen P,

Thank you for taking the take to post a glowing review for us.

It would seem that you really did make the most of your time by experiencing and enjoying each and every part of our beautiful resort.

What a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday, a massive compliment that we are the best hotel you have ever stayed in – Thank You!!

Why not visit our website for the latest deals/offers we currently have available, if you let me know when you will be back I will personally make sure you are well looked after.

See you soon…

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed over the Easter bank holiday for a couple of nights and we thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. The place is smart, clean and well appointed. I can only applaud the staff who were at all times engaging, polite and eager to assist.

The food was of a high standard in Browns (dinner on Saturday evening). Breakfast is excellent and the choice extensive.

I can't comment on the Spa because we didn't have time to use any of the facilities.

Great place to stay if you're visiting Dunham Massey (excellent) or looking to buy a McClaren in nearby Knutsford.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Stayed here for my fiancee for her birthday on 15/4/14. From start to finish we had a great experience. We were booked in at the spa for treatments at 1.10pm. Despite leaving in more than enough time we got caught up in terrible traffic on the way and did not arrive until 12.50. We had been hoping for some lunch but thought this would not be possible so soon before our appointment. However, the spa reception staff sorted it out that we could enjoy lunch first. This was a simple gesture but made us both feel welcome straight away.

We both had an hour long massage, which was well worth the money, the best compliment I can give is that I nearly fell asleep as I was so relaxed. The therapists were friendly and professional. Afterwards we went to the pool area of the spa. It is very modern and relaxing with a great choice of steam rooms. The only downsides were we felt it could have been kept tidier as a table we used already had coffee cups on them when we arrived but but time we left after a couple of hours they were still there.

The rooms in the hotel are really high standard, we only had the standard room but this was huge. It was very modern, clean and luxurious. Plus it had all the amenities you would need. Although the hotel did seem quiet anyway, we did not hear any noise in the night and had a great sleep (also due to the very comfy bed).

We had our evening meal in Browns (the hotel restaurant). I can honestly say this was the best meal for both quality of the food and service I have ever experienced. I would definitely recommend it for a romantic meal. In particular I would recommend our waiter, Eduardo. He was amazing and a credit to the hotel. He was attentive without being over bearing, professional, friendly etc. If I won the Euro Millions I would hire him as my butler, he's that good!

I would recommend this place to anyone, no matter what you may come here for, best hotel I have ever stayed in by miles.

Dear adamaj29,

Thank you for choosing The Mere Golf Resort and Spa to celebrate your Fiancées birthday.

I was so pleased to learn of your relaxing and pleasant stay and we thank you for sharing your guest experience with us.

I will be sure to pass on your praise to Edwardo from our Browns Restaurant, he really is a huge asset to the business and he will be thrilled to read your kind and positive comments.

We hope to see you both very soon...

Perhaps for a wedding show round... You may have just found your venue!!!!

Best Wishes

Lauren
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knutsford
Cottons Hotel & Spa
Carden Park Hotel
Carden Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Broxton
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,275 reviews

Been to The Mere Golf Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!